silversnake125

Missing School Vaccination Boosters

2 posts in this topic

Anyone else have their secondary school vaccines lost and managed to get hold of them again? I'm going through the vaccination list and according to my GP I haven't had anything since I was 3!
I know I had 10 year boosters when I was about 14/15 that would just about be in date still, but GP supposedly don't have a copy and are just shrugging their shoulders offering no help in trying to find them. We had an outside place come in to administer them and then send to the GP. The school have no record, and the vaccination team for my borough say they wouldn't have them as it was done by a different group 9/10 years ago. I asked my GP whether they could give me the vaccines because according to them I've had none, and I need a booster for Tdap, but they won't do it. I've tried calling different places for where I live specifically (Tower Hamlets) and no joy. If no one can get hold of them then I guess I'll have to begrudgingly pay for it at the medical. 🙄
Anyone have the same problem and manage to find them? If so, how?

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

I knew I'd had some injections at school but we moved so much that somewhere the documents disappeared. I just got everything that wasn't in my GP record at the surgery. I hadn't had MMR according to their records, but I know I did, and they were able to give me two doses at no charge.

For Tdap it did take a bit of persuasion, I had to print out a lot of documents that proved to them that I needed it. They initially tried to tell me USA has no travel vaccination requirements (which, sure, but this isn't for a holiday...) and then tried to send me to a travel clinic. The squeaky wheel gets the grease tho. I was able to get them all that day but I had to pay for the Tdap as they could only do it privately. They told me that one is only routinely given to pregnant women, hence they didn't want to give me it at first. Really had to play up the "if you don't give me this injection I won't be able to get the visa and proceed with my wedding" as I was doing K-1 and then the nurse prac was very keen to help me out.

Edited by yoda one for me
some more context

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.