Jump to content
aceegreene

Savings Account Issue

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife (USC and petitioner) and I filed US taxes for 2018 while living and working abroad. We forgot to add the ‘income’ received from our savings account (a joint bank account in Pakistan) to the tax return. 
 

Now I have my immigrant visa interview coming up and wanted to show commingling of finances via this joint account as proof of our relationship. However, I feel if I show them that we have a savings account but its income is not reflected in the tax transcript, this will create an issue and they would want us to amend the tax return and re-upload, hence delaying the visa approval. 
 

Will this be an issue? What do you guys think I should do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I doubt they will look into such.


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non-issue.......the people at the consulate are not IRS auditors.......


"The immigration process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  A deficit in any of these areas can spell heartbreak."

   -GB, "old man of much life experience"

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, aceegreene said:

My wife (USC and petitioner) and I filed US taxes for 2018 while living and working abroad. We forgot to add the ‘income’ received from our savings account (a joint bank account in Pakistan) to the tax return. 
 

Now I have my immigrant visa interview coming up and wanted to show commingling of finances via this joint account as proof of our relationship. However, I feel if I show them that we have a savings account but its income is not reflected in the tax transcript, this will create an issue and they would want us to amend the tax return and re-upload, hence delaying the visa approval. 
 

Will this be an issue? What do you guys think I should do? 


The embassy guy interviewing you is not the IRS reviewing that your tax return is correct. Different departments of a very large government...State Department and Treasury Department.. Your interviewer probably pays somebody to do his taxes and has no clue if yours are correct.  Seeing that you filed jointly or your wife filed as married is all he might be interested in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, arken said:

I doubt they will look into such.

 

4 hours ago, missileman said:

Non-issue.......the people at the consulate are not IRS auditors.......

 

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:


The embassy guy interviewing you is not the IRS reviewing that your tax return is correct. Different departments of a very large government...State Department and Treasury Department.. Your interviewer probably pays somebody to do his taxes and has no clue if yours are correct.  Seeing that you filed jointly or your wife filed as married is all he might be interested in

Thanks guys, this was quite helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...