3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning and Evening All. 

I have been scouring the forums and really anywhere I can find information reagarding all this Fiance Visa related (don't we all?). I have been attemting to find straightforward answers about filing out the DS-160 and the social media disclosure question. This is a new, mandatory question added in May of 2019 that requires "a disclosure of all social media". what an absolutly daunting task for those of us who live their lives throught the internet. here are a few questions i simply am having a hard time finding the answers for:

- When completing the DS-160 for K-1 visa application and the question asks for social media handles who are they wanting them from? Me (the US citizen petitioner? or the foreign Beneficiary?). If I am reading correctly on most "help" sites it is only the Beneficiary (person applying for the visa itself). 

- The question asks for "all social media in the last 5 years".  this is a two part problem for me. If the social media site has not been used in the last five years but still has an active user account is that still considered as part of the five years? the second part is that it says "all" but the drop down menu is a limited list of social media sites. I know it is best practice to be honest but also best practice to give no more information than is asked or necessary. So which is it? "All" or honest? 

- Another issue that has vexxed me is the amount of social media handles someone may have. If they are prone to starting a twitter account or reddit account on a whim because they can't rememeber their last log on or decided on a new email account how would you find out or where could you search to recover the old account handles? What if you can't remember past email accounts or handles? Do throw away accounts still count towards the disclosure? If you miss/forget about an email/handle/social media affiliation or account and it is found out later will the CO conclude you are lying or intentionally trying to hide accounts?  

While I understand the need for disclosing this information to the asking governement and there is no getting around it what can be done to ensure that we have fully completed this portion of the application without inadvertently committing perjury or ommissions?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, this is truly a trying time in our lives!

Cheers, 

Lizzy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrsMills said:

The question asks for "all social media in the last 5 years".

Welcome to the forum!

The key to success in this infernal immigration process is to read carefully, interpret instructions literally, and answer completely and honestly.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, MrsMills said:

DS-160

. . .is all about the beneficiary.   Not about you.   The next step that is about you is the I-134.

If something is left out as a mistake then that is not wilful misrepresentation.  But purposely leave out those 2 Tinder accounts is. ;)

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.