PSan

Recent London 221g Processing Experience after document received?

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone's had recent experience with 221g processing times after Embassy London receives your requested documents. The Hong Kong police certificate hadn't arrived by the time of my wife's interview, so we got 221g'd pending the arrival of that document. We know it arrived on January 17 (finally managed to get a certificate overnighted with signature delivery), but we haven't heard anything since. 

They still have her passport, so no major concerns, we're just trying to manage expectations (being excited to get her over here while also not constantly agonizing over each and every single working day). Anyone with recent timelines for us to measure against? Knowing, of course, that YMMV.

Cheers.

*~*~*country-specific question moved to United Kingdom forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Also London...

Interview Oct 21,2019, received 221g for W2s and clarification of cautions on police certificate 

Updates on CEAC website Oct 22, 28, 30 Nov 19, 20

I emailed in December after 60 days passed and received the generic response back. Husband emailed 2/1 and received the generic response back, HOWEVER...

Feb 4 website updated to READY

Feb 5 website updated to ISSUED!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, frankfungko said:

May I know which email you sent?

Cheers

There is a contact form on the website for emailing the embassy https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-information-services/contact-us-immigrant-visas/

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 7:44 PM, PSan said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if anyone's had recent experience with 221g processing times after Embassy London receives your requested documents. The Hong Kong police certificate hadn't arrived by the time of my wife's interview, so we got 221g'd pending the arrival of that document. We know it arrived on January 17 (finally managed to get a certificate overnighted with signature delivery), but we haven't heard anything since. 

They still have her passport, so no major concerns, we're just trying to manage expectations (being excited to get her over here while also not constantly agonizing over each and every single working day). Anyone with recent timelines for us to measure against? Knowing, of course, that YMMV.

Cheers.

Any updates? Has your visa been issued yet?

3 hours ago, Dustin725 said:

Any updates? Has your visa been issued yet?

Thanks for the reminder! So pretty much without warning, our CEAC status reverted to Ready on February 18th, then Issued on February 19th, and my wife picked up her passport from the courier on the 20th. We got her on a flight to Seattle on the 29th 🙌

All in all, our timeline was roughly:

July 2019 - I-130 applied DCF to Embassy London

Mid October 2019 - I-130 approved

Mid November 2019 - Interview completed (221g'd for missing Hong Kong police report)

January 17th, 2020 - HK police report arrives at Embassy London

February 18th, 2020 - Visa issued

5 hours ago, PSan said:

Thanks for the reminder! So pretty much without warning, our CEAC status reverted to Ready on February 18th, then Issued on February 19th, and my wife picked up her passport from the courier on the 20th. We got her on a flight to Seattle on the 29th 🙌

All in all, our timeline was roughly:

July 2019 - I-130 applied DCF to Embassy London

Mid October 2019 - I-130 approved

Mid November 2019 - Interview completed (221g'd for missing Hong Kong police report)

January 17th, 2020 - HK police report arrives at Embassy London

February 18th, 2020 - Visa issued

Hey! Thanks for the update! I’m happy it worked out for you both! Have a wonderful future together. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.