Peach_

K1 visa received December 2019. But check hasn’t been cashed?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I hope you had a good day so far. 

I’m really worried because we sent our application December 2019 and we also got our NOA1 already. On the NOA1, it states to verify information to make sure everything is correct. And all the information on the NOA1 is correct. However, they haven’t cashed our check yet. And it’s been over a month since they received our application. We sent it at their Lockbox Facility in Texas.  We’re just super worried.

Any ideas what could possibly wrong? Or how long does it usually take?

I appreciate it a lot. 

Have a great day!

Edited by Peach_

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Peach_ said:

Hi everyone!

I’m really worried because we sent our application December 2019 and we also got our NOA1 already. On the NOA1, it states to verify information to make sure everything is correct. And all the information on the NOA1 is correct. However, they haven’t cashed our check yet. And it’s been over a month since they received our application. We sent it at their Lockbox Facility in Texas.  We’re just super worried.

I appreciate it a lot. 

Have a great day!

Hello!! I submitted my papers Dec 23,2019.. Just got SMS yesterday and fee hours after that they cashed the check. And notices will be mailed soon I’m sure. 

You said you already received NOA1? Hmmmm.. This is a unique scenario. Have you called the USCIS service center yet? 

I hope you hear from them soon

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kay Andes said:

Hello!! I submitted my papers Dec 23,2019.. Just got SMS yesterday and fee hours after that they cashed the check. And notices will be mailed soon I’m sure. 

You said you already received NOA1? Hmmmm.. This is a unique scenario. Have you called the USCIS service center yet? 

I hope you hear from them soon

I’m even more nervous now! 😭😭😭  We haven’t. Do you know where I can find the number? Thanks so much!! And I’m yours is moving along! 

2 minutes ago, Peach_ said:

Is I-797C same as NOA1?

Yes. If you received your NOA1 trust me the government has your money or they wouldn't issue a NOA1. Give a few more days and let's see what happens.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes. If you received your NOA1 trust me the government has your money or they wouldn't issue a NOA1. Give a few more days and let's see what happens.

Because my fiancé said they haven’t taken it out of his bank out yet. I’m getting really anxious..

4 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Because my fiancé said they haven’t taken it out of his bank out yet. I’m getting really anxious..

Well, you have two choices. You can drive yourself crazy with all this nonsense that they somehow are not gong to take your money and you would get an approval or you can trust the process. I guess it's really you choice. Of course you can ignore my experience and join the crazies. Just my opinion. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Well, you have two choices. You can drive yourself crazy with all this nonsense that they somehow are not gong to take your money and you would get an approval or you can trust the process. I guess it's really you choice. Of course you can ignore my experience and join the crazies. Just my opinion. 

Yeah, I'll try to wait. But at the same time, I don't wanna waste time when I could be proactive. Thanks.

2 hours ago, WhyUSoMadFor said:

Consider yourself lucky, the rest of us had to pay $535

If you don't "quote" someone's post that  you are replying to it is near impossible to follow along with the discuss. Please use the "quote". If the quote is long then cut it back to the first two paragraphs which will give us and idea the subject matter. Thanks.2018-07-06_16-40-48.jpg.7791ae6e5f45a3a2e7772e2b0ce4bcec.jpg

3 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Yeah, I'll try to wait. But at the same time, I don't wanna waste time when I could be proactive. Thanks.

You'd rather waste other peoples time. I see. (sad)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
21 hours ago, Peach_ said:

I’m even more nervous now! 😭😭😭  We haven’t. Do you know where I can find the number? Thanks so much!! And I’m yours is moving along! 

https://www.uscis.gov Please visit this site and you will get all the info on how to contact them. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Hi everyone!

I appreciate it a lot. 

Have a great day!

Hi

20 hours ago, Peach_ said:

Is I-797C same as NOA1?

I-797C, Notice of Action

It's the first notice of action letter (NOA1) from USCIS after filling the petition. Receipt notices contain the receipt number used to track the case

You should have a case number which you can use to track the status of the case online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
23 hours ago, Peach_ said:

The first thing they do is cash your check. (By the way, the Bank has no physical record of the check because the Govt seems to use a different system. The only way to know it has been cashed is the bank balance. Are you sure this has not happened? The fee is non-refundable which is why the cash the check the same or next day of receipt. 

There is a number of the service center is on the NOA1 you can call. A Tier 1 representative should be able to tell you or ask them for a Tier 2.

On 1/28/2020 at 4:31 PM, Peach_ said:

Well. Did they cash the check?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
On 1/31/2020 at 3:28 AM, Greenbaum said:

Well. Did they cash the check?

yes, they have. thank you

On 1/29/2020 at 7:58 AM, Kay Andes said:

https://www.uscis.gov Please visit this site and you will get all the info on how to contact them. 

they cashed it :) thank you!!

On 1/28/2020 at 6:14 PM, WhyUSoMadFor said:

Consider yourself lucky, the rest of us had to pay $535

lol they cashed it thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.