Jump to content

15 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good day!

 

my petition for my husband was just approved a few days ago as we noticed when we logged into our account on USCIS we have not yet received our approval letter stating so with further instructions. And I understand it takes time for NVC to receive the approval of the I-130 from USCIS and start a file! My question is other then prepare all required documents for NVC is there anything else we can do at this stage or do we need to wait for NVC contact? 

 

Thanks guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have to wait for NVC to email you your case and invoice number so nothing you need to do other than prepare your documents 


Our CR1 Journey:

 

USCIS Stage:

  • Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

 

NVC Stage:

  • Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

 

Interview Stage:

  • Waiting for IL (Stockholm Consulate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gather together your documents. Birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree (if applicable), death certificate of former spouse (if applicable), police certificate(s), tax transcripts from the petitioner and joint sponsor (if applicable).

Edited by JFH

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just from my personal experience I recommend getting tax return transcripts now instead of waiting till you get your case number from NVC. I had to order mine thru mail and it put me back almost two weeks. You can get em online, but you need certain things like a credit card to prove its you and i don't have those things (that's why I had to wait on snail mail). 

Also, fill out and sign all you forms now, Affidavit of Support and joint sponsors and household member (if applicable).

And lastly scan all your documents now and have them ready to upload once you're ready to go. All these things will save you a lot of time ( I wish I had done it)

FYI, just something I read and actually did was label all my scanned documents.

For instance my I-864 I scanned and saved the file as *Case number_Name of Beneficiary_Name of Document*. Example: RDJ5555555555_JaneDoe_ProofOfDomicille

The NVC website says to do that but I don't know if anybody does that. I didn't it and it helped a lot to find the docs in my folder and all my docs were accepted so I feel that it did...who knows 


 

  1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SDNOMAD said:

Good day!

 

my petition for my husband was just approved a few days ago as we noticed when we logged into our account on USCIS we have not yet received our approval letter stating so with further instructions. And I understand it takes time for NVC to receive the approval of the I-130 from USCIS and start a file! My question is other then prepare all required documents for NVC is there anything else we can do at this stage or do we need to wait for NVC contact? 

 

Thanks guys 

Do you mind me asking how long it took between getting your receipt till you got an approval?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Just from my personal experience I recommend getting tax return transcripts now instead of waiting till you get your case number from NVC. I had to order mine thru mail and it put me back almost two weeks. You can get em online, but you need certain things like a credit card to prove its you and i don't have those things (that's why I had to wait on snail mail). 

Also, fill out and sign all you forms now, Affidavit of Support and joint sponsors and household member (if applicable).

And lastly scan all your documents now and have them ready to upload once you're ready to go. All these things will save you a lot of time ( I wish I had done it)

FYI, just something I read and actually did was label all my scanned documents.

For instance my I-864 I scanned and saved the file as *Case number_Name of Beneficiary_Name of Document*. Example: RDJ5555555555_JaneDoe_ProofOfDomicille

The NVC website says to do that but I don't know if anybody does that. I didn't it and it helped a lot to find the docs in my folder and all my docs were accepted so I feel that it did...who knows 

Any specific format for police certificate, I assume you upload it so question of it being in sealed envelope is out.  

What other form you filled besides I-864? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sonicview said:

Any specific format for police certificate, I assume you upload it so question of it being in sealed envelope is out.  

What other form you filled besides I-864? 

Every country has different requirements. Brazil required two different police reports, but India might require a different kind. Follow the instructions on NVC page for India. It tells you everything you need for your country. I suggest you have all this done now to save time later. As far as uploading, every country is different. I know they’re trying to make everything electronic but some still have to go old fashion. 
I’ll check tomorrow and let you know everything I upload to the CEAC website. 


 

  1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Just from my personal experience I recommend getting tax return transcripts now instead of waiting till you get your case number from NVC. I had to order mine thru mail and it put me back almost two weeks. You can get em online, but you need certain things like a credit card to prove its you and i don't have those things (that's why I had to wait on snail mail). 

Also, fill out and sign all you forms now, Affidavit of Support and joint sponsors and household member (if applicable).

And lastly scan all your documents now and have them ready to upload once you're ready to go. All these things will save you a lot of time ( I wish I had done it)

FYI, just something I read and actually did was label all my scanned documents.

For instance my I-864 I scanned and saved the file as *Case number_Name of Beneficiary_Name of Document*. Example: RDJ5555555555_JaneDoe_ProofOfDomicille

The NVC website says to do that but I don't know if anybody does that. I didn't it and it helped a lot to find the docs in my folder and all my docs were accepted so I feel that it did...who knows 

I would also add that if the petitioner lived in another country they should be getting the police certificate of that country. 

 

I lived abroad for 9 months and it was long enough for NVC to request a police certificate even though CR1/IR1 guideline says it's required if the petitioner lived in another country for over a year. 


Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2018/12/21

I-130 sent: 2019/03/13

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/27

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/21

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/30

Case receive NVC: 2019/10/07

Case Number receive NVC: 2019/11/01

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/02

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/12/13

DQ: 2020/01/21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I would also add that if the petitioner lived in another country they should be getting the police certificate of that country. 

 

I lived abroad for 9 months and it was long enough for NVC to request a police certificate even though CR1/IR1 guideline says it's required if the petitioner lived in another country for over a year. 

As far as the petitioner needing a Police record for the country he lived in outside of America (Or a police record at all), I really can't comment on that. I was never under the impression the petitioner needed that, especially since the CEAC website doesn't  ask for one and also since the petitioner isn't the immigrant. They never requested one from me so I don't know why they asked you for one.

If its actually needed then I guess I slipped thru that part.

The only thing Im aware of is when the petitioner is requesting an I-129 (K3 visa), then yes he needs to send his police records because the embassy wants to make sure the beneficiary is aware of the criminal background of the petitioner BEFORE they get married and moves to a country with a criminal......basically its for the Beneficiaries safety. 

Edited by DeParaquedasBrasi

 

  1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

As far as the petitioner needing a Police record for the country he lived in outside of America (Or a police record at all), I really can't comment on that. I was never under the impression the petitioner needed that, especially since the CEAC website doesn't  ask for one and also since the petitioner isn't the immigrant. They never requested one from me so I don't know why they asked you for one.

If its actually needed then I guess I slipped thru that part.

The only thing Im aware of is when the petitioner is requesting an I-129 (K3 visa), then yes he needs to send his police records because the embassy wants to make sure the beneficiary is aware of the criminal background of the petitioner BEFORE they get married and moves to a country with a criminal......basically its for the Beneficiaries safety. 

Oops I meant beneficiary/applicant but said petitioner instead, my bad 😆


Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2018/12/21

I-130 sent: 2019/03/13

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/27

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/21

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/30

Case receive NVC: 2019/10/07

Case Number receive NVC: 2019/11/01

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/02

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/12/13

DQ: 2020/01/21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Oops I meant beneficiary/applicant but said petitioner instead, my bad 😆

No worries......it made me question why I was able to go thru without a police report for myself haha


 

  1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...