SDNOMAD

I-130 APPROVED!!!

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good day!

my petition for my husband was just approved a few days ago as we noticed when we logged into our account on USCIS we have not yet received our approval letter stating so with further instructions. And I understand it takes time for NVC to receive the approval of the I-130 from USCIS and start a file! My question is other then prepare all required documents for NVC is there anything else we can do at this stage or do we need to wait for NVC contact? 

Thanks guys 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

You will have to wait for NVC to email you your case and invoice number so nothing you need to do other than prepare your documents 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Gather together your documents. Birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree (if applicable), death certificate of former spouse (if applicable), police certificate(s), tax transcripts from the petitioner and joint sponsor (if applicable).

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just from my personal experience I recommend getting tax return transcripts now instead of waiting till you get your case number from NVC. I had to order mine thru mail and it put me back almost two weeks. You can get em online, but you need certain things like a credit card to prove its you and i don't have those things (that's why I had to wait on snail mail). 

Also, fill out and sign all you forms now, Affidavit of Support and joint sponsors and household member (if applicable).

And lastly scan all your documents now and have them ready to upload once you're ready to go. All these things will save you a lot of time ( I wish I had done it)

FYI, just something I read and actually did was label all my scanned documents.

For instance my I-864 I scanned and saved the file as *Case number_Name of Beneficiary_Name of Document*. Example: RDJ5555555555_JaneDoe_ProofOfDomicille

The NVC website says to do that but I don't know if anybody does that. I didn't it and it helped a lot to find the docs in my folder and all my docs were accepted so I feel that it did...who knows 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

7 hours ago, SDNOMAD said:

Good day!

my petition for my husband was just approved a few days ago as we noticed when we logged into our account on USCIS we have not yet received our approval letter stating so with further instructions. And I understand it takes time for NVC to receive the approval of the I-130 from USCIS and start a file! My question is other then prepare all required documents for NVC is there anything else we can do at this stage or do we need to wait for NVC contact? 

Thanks guys 

Do you mind me asking how long it took between getting your receipt till you got an approval?  

7 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

Just from my personal experience I recommend getting tax return transcripts now instead of waiting till you get your case number from NVC. I had to order mine thru mail and it put me back almost two weeks. You can get em online, but you need certain things like a credit card to prove its you and i don't have those things (that's why I had to wait on snail mail). 

Also, fill out and sign all you forms now, Affidavit of Support and joint sponsors and household member (if applicable).

And lastly scan all your documents now and have them ready to upload once you're ready to go. All these things will save you a lot of time ( I wish I had done it)

For instance my I-864 I scanned and saved the file as *Case number_Name of Beneficiary_Name of Document*. Example: RDJ5555555555_JaneDoe_ProofOfDomicille

The NVC website says to do that but I don't know if anybody does that. I didn't it and it helped a lot to find the docs in my folder and all my docs were accepted so I feel that it did...who knows 

Any specific format for police certificate, I assume you upload it so question of it being in sealed envelope is out.  

What other form you filled besides I-864? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, sonicview said:

Any specific format for police certificate, I assume you upload it so question of it being in sealed envelope is out.  

What other form you filled besides I-864? 

Every country has different requirements. Brazil required two different police reports, but India might require a different kind. Follow the instructions on NVC page for India. It tells you everything you need for your country. I suggest you have all this done now to save time later. As far as uploading, every country is different. I know they’re trying to make everything electronic but some still have to go old fashion. 
I’ll check tomorrow and let you know everything I upload to the CEAC website. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

I would also add that if the petitioner lived in another country they should be getting the police certificate of that country. 

I lived abroad for 9 months and it was long enough for NVC to request a police certificate even though CR1/IR1 guideline says it's required if the petitioner lived in another country for over a year. 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

I would also add that if the petitioner lived in another country they should be getting the police certificate of that country. 

I lived abroad for 9 months and it was long enough for NVC to request a police certificate even though CR1/IR1 guideline says it's required if the petitioner lived in another country for over a year. 

As far as the petitioner needing a Police record for the country he lived in outside of America (Or a police record at all), I really can't comment on that. I was never under the impression the petitioner needed that, especially since the CEAC website doesn't  ask for one and also since the petitioner isn't the immigrant. They never requested one from me so I don't know why they asked you for one.

If its actually needed then I guess I slipped thru that part.

The only thing Im aware of is when the petitioner is requesting an I-129 (K3 visa), then yes he needs to send his police records because the embassy wants to make sure the beneficiary is aware of the criminal background of the petitioner BEFORE they get married and moves to a country with a criminal......basically its for the Beneficiaries safety. 

Edited by DeParaquedasBrasi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

As far as the petitioner needing a Police record for the country he lived in outside of America (Or a police record at all), I really can't comment on that. I was never under the impression the petitioner needed that, especially since the CEAC website doesn't  ask for one and also since the petitioner isn't the immigrant. They never requested one from me so I don't know why they asked you for one.

If its actually needed then I guess I slipped thru that part.

The only thing Im aware of is when the petitioner is requesting an I-129 (K3 visa), then yes he needs to send his police records because the embassy wants to make sure the beneficiary is aware of the criminal background of the petitioner BEFORE they get married and moves to a country with a criminal......basically its for the Beneficiaries safety. 

Oops I meant beneficiary/applicant but said petitioner instead, my bad 😆

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Juliet57 said:

Oops I meant beneficiary/applicant but said petitioner instead, my bad 😆

No worries......it made me question why I was able to go thru without a police report for myself haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.