7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

How do I stop the process. We are at the process to do the medical and then the week after with the interivew...Wowza ...my fiance was unfaithful big time and i have got to figure out it all with my mind being so messed up. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Carlos Zapata said:

How do I stop the process. We are at the process to do the medical and then the week after with the interivew...Wowza ...my fiance was unfaithful big time and i have got to figure out it all with my mind being so messed up. 

Contact the consulate by email. Then write a letter withdrawing the I 129 petition. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 1/22/2020 at 9:56 PM, Carlos Zapata said:

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that. 

Filed: Other Timeline

email the consulate. They'll probably want you to write, sign, email them the scanned letter for proof that you want to withdraw. Check their FAQs first on the specific embassy.gov website. If it doesn't mention it there, just email them right away.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

To withdraw a petition, you must send a signed written statement requesting that the petition be withdrawn and explaining the reason to the NVC. When writing, include as much of the details to the reason why you are requesting the removal of the petition. Be sure to include any Receipt Numbers, Alien Number or case numbers to help in the location of your record.

NVC has your case file info in the SAFEFILE system. When you do your "next" K-1 it may look suspicious that you are "dumping one" for another. Your case file will hit the IV Unit, the SAFEFILE version is also reviewed during your "next" K-1 interview. These are all "red" flags so walk cautiously and be sure to discuss this completely with your new GF. She WILL BE asked at her interview. If she is not confident this could go "south" fast and end up denied and at that point your pretty much "dead in the water".

Once you receive notification that your case has been withdrawn, you need to insure that NVC has annotated SAFEFILE so, call NVC and get a supervisor, request that they review your SAFEFILE to determine if the I-129F has be withdrawn. If not, ask them to make an annotation in the SAFEFILE version that the petitioner has withdrawn the petition. 

It's also recommended to email the IV unit at your embassy, requesting that the I-129F petition be withdrawn.

Any returned correspondence you receive be sure to make copies and keep in a safe place as you will need it during the processing of your any future relationship.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

~~moved to major family changes from k1 process and procedures with other like topics~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
On 1/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, Carlos Zapata said:

Wow . This sucks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.