Nikki06

2020/ 21- US Passport & Card Application-Tracker

2,779 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Reorder by date, ascending.

US Passport & Card: 2020 Applicants
===================================
User Name                 |Expedited|Sent        |Cashed      |Trackable   |PP Received |PPC Received|NC Received |Location
ramboy                    | Y       |01/09/2020  |NA Bank's Ch|01/21/2020  | 01/28/2020 |  01/30/2020|  01/30/2020|Boston, MA (USPS)
Mounat02                  | N       |01/11/2020  |1/21/2020   |01/18/2020  |            |            |            |Houston, TX (Public library)
Estrella                  | N       |01/14/2020  |NA          |01/21/2020  |            |NA          |            |Shreveport, LA (USPS)
ramboy(2)                 | Y       |01/18/2020  |NA Bank's Ch|01/23/2020  | 01/30/2020 |  02/03/2020|  02/04/2020|Boston, MA (USPS)
Stevo79                   | N       |02/02/2020  |N           |N           |            |            |            |El Paso, TX  (Public library)

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
  2. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
  3. Click "Quote" on the most recent/updated posting version of this list.
  4. Remove the "Quote Coding" at the top and bottom of the list.
  5. Always use [Courier New] Font and font size.[12]
  6. Make changes and Add Reply.
  7. Expedited - Did you choose the expedited option? Yes or No
  8. Sent - Date you applied
  9. Cashed - Date when your check, money order or any other payment was processed or cleared.
  10. Trackable- Date when your case became trackable on State Department website
  11. PP Received - Date you received passport back from State Department
  12. PPC Received -Date you received passport card
  13. Location- Local office where you applied for US Passport book and or Passport Card
  14. NC Received- Date you received your Naturalization Certificate back from State Department.
  15. Redden timeline after receiving the Naturalization certificate or any other documents back.
Edited by Mounat02

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/9/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mounat02 said:

Reorder by date, ascending.

User Name                 |Expedited|Sent        |Cashed      |Trackable   |PP Received |PPC Received|NC Received |Location
ramboy                    | Y       |01/09/2020  |NA Bank's Ch|01/21/2020  | 01/28/2020 |  01/30/2020|  01/30/2020|Boston, MA (USPS)
Mounat02                  | N       |01/11/2020  |1/21/2020   |01/18/2020  |            |            |            |Houston, TX (Public library)
Estrella                  | N       |01/14/2020  |NA          |01/21/2020  | 02/08/2020 |NA          |            |Shreveport, LA (USPS)
ramboy(2)                 | Y       |01/18/2020  |NA Bank's Ch|01/23/2020  | 01/30/2020 |  02/03/2020|  02/04/2020|Boston, MA (USPS)
Stevo79                   | N       |02/02/2020  |N           |N           |            |            |            |El Paso, TX  (Public library)

9. Cashed - Date when your check, money order or any other payment was processed or cleared.
  13. Location- Local office where you applied for US Passport book and or Passport Card
  14. NC Received- Date you received your Naturalization Certificate back from State Department.
  15. Redden timeline after receiving the Naturalization certificate or any other documents back.

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: IR-3 Timeline

This guys are really processing so

fast It look like I may be getting my passport and card approximately 10 business days from date of application that is inclusive of shipping 

I commend that! I wish uscis was that fast .

So why do people still pay for 2 weeks expedited compared to the routine slow boat service?

Does it have to do with the fact it's winter and there are no backlogs?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Estrella                  | N       |01/14/2020  |NA          |01/21/2020  |            |NA          |            |Shreveport, LA (USPS)

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Received : 2014-08-29

NOA1 : 2014-09-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-07

NVC Received : 2014-10-30

Paid visa fee $265 : 2014-11-19

Submitted DS-160 Form 2014-11-19

Interview scheduled - 2015-1-22

Visa Issued and in Hand on 2015-1-31!!       

AOS Timeline

Mailed out AOS Package to USCIS to Chicago Lockbox with tracking and signature 2015-05-09

Received email and text notification of AOS package 2015-05-15

Received hard copy of NOA1's for 3 AOS packet 2015-05-21

Successful Biometrics walk in SF Field Office on 2015-06-03

Got email notification AOS interview scheduled on 2015-09-03

Green Card in Hand - 2015-10-14!!! YAY!!!

I-751 ( ROC )

July 8, 2017 mailed I-751 packet via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking #

July 10th, 2017 I-751 Package was delivered to PO Box to USCIS Laguna Niguel

July 12, 2017  Check cashed from CSC

July 13, 2017 Received NOA1 in the mail, NOA1 Dated July 10th

February 26, 2018 case transferred to local office

August 17, 2018 Received new extension letter

September 19, 2018 Case transferred and new office has jurisdiction

September 24th, 2018 Received case transfer notice in the mail to Texas Center

October 17, 2018 Card in Production APPROVED!!! WHOO-WHOO!!!!:dance::dance:

NO RFE or Interview on ROC I751!!!

October 22nd, 2018 USPS tracking updated GC to arrive on Oct 24th!

October 23rd, 2018 Green Card in Hand!!

N-400

Dec 15th, 2018 Filed online and got NOA1

Dec 21st, 2018 Biometrics Appointment scheduled online scheduled for Jan 9th 2019

Jan 2nd, 2019 Successful Biometrics walk in

September 27, 2019 Interview Scheduled for Nov 8, 2019

Interview on Nov 8, 2019 Passed! :dance::wow:

Oath Ceremony scheduled on Dec 12, 2019

Attended Oath Ceremony Officially a US Citizen! :wow::dance:

Applied for US Passport Dec 12th, 2019

Passport in hand on Jan 17th, 2020

Filed: Other Timeline

I will be attending my oath ceremony this week. I will then apply for my passport and passport card. Did you all apply through USPS? I tried to look for earliest appointment date and the earliest is from March. I don't like waiting for 10 days or more just to apply.The only location where they accept walk in is really far from here. Also can we do expedite at USPS even though i don't have travel plan right away? Is it worth paying the extra $60 or should i just do the regular one and wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Myrna87 said:

I will be attending my oath ceremony this week. I will then apply for my passport and passport card. Did you all apply through USPS? I tried to look for earliest appointment date and the earliest is from March. I don't like waiting for 10 days or more just to apply.The only location where they accept walk in is really far from here. Also can we do expedite at USPS even though i don't have travel plan right away? Is it worth paying the extra $60 or should i just do the regular one and wait.

1) Did you all apply through USPS? 

YES

I used the passport form filler tool at https://pptform.state.gov/ to complete my form couple of days before my oath (DO NOT SIGN IT !!!). I also got my passport picture (Walgreens), went to a post office for two money orders (one for 216.48 for the Dept. of State, one for 35 for the USPS office, aka "acceptance facility"), made a copy of front and back of my driver license. Made an appointment online for an USPS office close to  my home, same day as oath, about six hours after oath time (I think I got a 02:00 PM appt.)

Then after the oath I went back home, used my multifunction printer to make a couple copies of my naturalization certificate, put it all together. Went to appt. Couple in front of me were filling the DS-11 in front of me (took them forever, and kept asking questions), they didn't know you can't pay with a credit card, total poopshow. In my case, I gave the guy my DS-11, the naturalization certificate, the copy, my driver license, DL copy, passport picture, and the two money orders. Guy checked DS-11 to make sure it was all OK (it was), asked me to sign it, asked me if I had made another copy of the certificate "just in case", told me to endorse the two MOs (one to "Department of State", the other to "USPS" or something like that), stapled it all together, gave me a receipt (on which he even wrote down the number I had to call if I haven't heard from the DoS in three weeks), bid me farewell. Time it took for the process (not including wait for the couple to be done) - about three minutes, if that.

2) Also can we do expedite at USPS even though i don't have travel plan right away?

YES

Just either buy then and there a MO for the total amount (for PP + PP card + expedite + 1/2 days return == 217.13 as of 02/15/2020) and another one for $35 for the execution fee, or take your checkbook with you and write two checks. If you go down the MO path: you can't pay for a MO using a credit card, it has to either be cash or a debit card. I did the expedite because between the $725 app + bio fee, pictures, etc - paying less than $ 80 was absolutely worth it in my opinion. As usual, YMMV.

3) Is it worth paying the extra $60 or should i just do the regular one and wait.

I talked about it on #2 before. It's up to you. Applying for expedite also means you'll certificate will be back in your possession with a couple of weeks - and remember, you surrender you green card at the oath, so if you send your naturalization certificate for the passport, you're left with nothing actually proving your status. Yes, they can check - still.

Also, you don't have any document to, as an example, change your SS record - again, you'll have to wait longer to do that too.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Myrna87 said:

you can always check from time to time to see if a date suddenly becomes available at the usps. Also, even though I had an appt, USPS didn't really check if I really had an appt. That USPS location was supposedly fully booked that afternoon but nobody was there even though I was early.

I like 'expedite' because the faster the passport travels through mail system the less chance it will be lost. I even had my passport book shipped overnight express; unfortunately that option is not available for the passport card and nat cert. The passport card at least showed up on USPS Informed Delivery as 'Mail with no image' but there's nothing for the nat cert. You just hope that it does not get lost in the mail.

Edited by xyz12345

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Perfect instructions from Ido!

USPS could be by appt since the person trained to take a pic and/or process the DS11 form could be present during only one shift. call and ask. If you go with pic and form Filled (printed off from the passport site, but NOT signed) and documents ready, it’s a short process (I went 3 minutes before post office closing and it was done in 5 minutes). 

About expedite- if no imminent travel for 4 weeks, one can take a chance. The 60$ per person adds up for a family of four as an example . Would recommend doing the $16.48 for 1-2 day shipment though as it’s by usps express and you get proper notifications of its progress and delivery. 

19 hours ago, Ido said:

1) Did you all apply through USPS? 

YES

I used the passport form filler tool at https://pptform.state.gov/ to complete my form couple of days before my oath (DO NOT SIGN IT !!!). I also got my passport picture (Walgreens), went to a post office for two money orders (one for 216.48 for the Dept. of State, one for 35 for the USPS office, aka "acceptance facility"), made a copy of front and back of my driver license. Made an appointment online for an USPS office close to  my home, same day as oath, about six hours after oath time (I think I got a 02:00 PM appt.)

Then after the oath I went back home, used my multifunction printer to make a couple copies of my naturalization certificate, put it all together. Went to appt. Couple in front of me were filling the DS-11 in front of me (took them forever, and kept asking questions), they didn't know you can't pay with a credit card, total poopshow. In my case, I gave the guy my DS-11, the naturalization certificate, the copy, my driver license, DL copy, passport picture, and the two money orders. Guy checked DS-11 to make sure it was all OK (it was), asked me to sign it, asked me if I had made another copy of the certificate "just in case", told me to endorse the two MOs (one to "Department of State", the other to "USPS" or something like that), stapled it all together, gave me a receipt (on which he even wrote down the number I had to call if I haven't heard from the DoS in three weeks), bid me farewell. Time it took for the process (not including wait for the couple to be done) - about three minutes, if that.

2) Also can we do expedite at USPS even though i don't have travel plan right away?

YES

Just either buy then and there a MO for the total amount (for PP + PP card + expedite + 1/2 days return == 217.13 as of 02/15/2020) and another one for $35 for the execution fee, or take your checkbook with you and write two checks. If you go down the MO path: you can't pay for a MO using a credit card, it has to either be cash or a debit card. I did the expedite because between the $725 app + bio fee, pictures, etc - paying less than $ 80 was absolutely worth it in my opinion. As usual, YMMV.

3) Is it worth paying the extra $60 or should i just do the regular one and wait.

I talked about it on #2 before. It's up to you. Applying for expedite also means you'll certificate will be back in your possession with a couple of weeks - and remember, you surrender you green card at the oath, so if you send your naturalization certificate for the passport, you're left with nothing actually proving your status. Yes, they can check - still.

Also, you don't have any document to, as an example, change your SS record - again, you'll have to wait longer to do that too.

Thank you everyone for the detailed explanation. I am using the passport form fillertool. Processing method. There are two expedited services. Expedited service $60 and Expedited at Agency Service  $60.  I will got to the USPS to apply. Which option should i choose expedited service? or it doesn't matter?  I dont want to make any errors. thank you.

Also is it better to apply for 52 page book non standard (looks like no extra fees)even though i dont travel much but i do not want to apply for passport again and pay more later.

Is it better to wait for the us passport and naturalization certificate in hand and then go to Social security to update or i can go to SS office when i receive my Naturalization cert?

1-2 day delivery fee ($17.13)

so i will make two money orders ($217.13) and another one for $35. thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, Myrna87 said:

Thank you everyone for the detailed explanation. I am using the passport form fillertool. Processing method. There are two expedited services. Expedited service $60 and Expedited at Agency Service  $60.  I will got to the USPS to apply. Which option should i choose expedited service? or it doesn't matter?  I dont want to make any errors. thank you.

Also is it better to apply for 52 page book non standard (looks like no extra fees)even though i dont travel much but i do not want to apply for passport again and pay more later.

Is it better to wait for the us passport and naturalization certificate in hand and then go to Social security to update or i can go to SS office when i receive my Naturalization cert?

there is only ONE expedited fee of $60. if you submit thru USPS , they will ask about travel booking info. You can say it's expediting request for likely travel that is not firmed up- so you're just expediting without a booking. The same $60 applies when you DO have a confirmed travel. In that case they will take the supporting document and process even more quickly ; or you can go to any Passport agency office with an appointment (that you can book online) for what is reported to be a couple of days or same day turnaround.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Myrna87 said:

The $35 is to the USPS for their services. That can be paid by card or cash. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
11 hours ago, Myrna87 said:

Expedited at Agency is when you go to one of the Passport Agencies - which you won't do. And yes, it doesn't matter, as long as you submit the right fee with your application. Which yes, for an ADULT, FIRST TIME passport book + passport card + expedited processing + 1-2 days delivery would be $ 217.13 as of Feb 16th, 2020. This, for the Dept of State. And yes, another $35 for the Acceptance Facility - in your case, the USPS office which you'll go to.

About how many pages - my old passport had 32 pages, and after traveling frequently with it for 10 years, with multiple visas (about 10, each one using a full page), I still had pages free on it. But hey, if you want to play it safe, why not.

About "Is it better to wait for the us passport and naturalization certificate in hand and then go to Social security to update or i can go to SS office when i receive my Naturalization cert?". You will get your Naturalization Certificate the same day of the oath, but USCIS suggests to wait at least 10 days before going to the SSA to update your record. And if you apply for an expedited passport, 10 days is about what it'll take to get it. So - apply for the passport, and 10/12 days later, when you get it in the mail, go to the SSA to update your record.

Edited by Ido
Clarifying fees

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, zeta054 said:

Estrella                  | N       |01/14/2020  |NA          |01/21/2020  |            |NA          | 02/14/2020 |Shreveport, LA (USPS)

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

On 2/16/2020 at 10:35 PM, Ido said:

Expedited at Agency is when you go to one of the Passport Agencies - which you won't do. And yes, it doesn't matter, as long as you submit the right fee with your application. Which yes, for an ADULT, FIRST TIME passport book + passport card + expedited processing + 1-2 days delivery would be $ 217.13 as of Feb 16th, 2020. This, for the Dept of State. And yes, another $35 for the Acceptance Facility - in your case, the USPS office which you'll go to.

About how many pages - my old passport had 32 pages, and after traveling frequently with it for 10 years, with multiple visas (about 10, each one using a full page), I still had pages free on it. But hey, if you want to play it safe, why not.

About "Is it better to wait for the us passport and naturalization certificate in hand and then go to Social security to update or i can go to SS office when i receive my Naturalization cert?". You will get your Naturalization Certificate the same day of the oath, but USCIS suggests to wait at least 10 days before going to the SSA to update your record. And if you apply for an expedited passport, 10 days is about what it'll take to get it. So - apply for the passport, and 10/12 days later, when you get it in the mail, go to the SSA to update your record.

Thank you for your help. Applied today. I was told by the usps lady that they are not issuing the large passport book anymore. In the application i selected large passport book i guess i will wait and see.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.