Maria002

Tourist Visa for my parents

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello! I would like your advices for my case.
I am  a peruvian citizen and will get married in U.S with a K1 visa. I plan to get married  next april and want that my parents accompany me on my wedding date, they will  not stay  longer than a week.

Their situations is the following:

• They have never traveled abroad to any country
  • They are  between  48 to 55 years old
  • They are both teachers and will continue working for 5 years more aprox.
  • They work for peruvian national schools and have done it for more than 25 years.
  • They don't speak english and I would be paying their tickets and stay.
  • I will help them to fill their visa application and on it I plan to mention that their reason to visit boston is for my wedding.

I would like to know if they could have any problem getting the visa and If I should get some supporting documents. 

Edited by Maria002

K1

08/24/2019: I-129F Mailed

08/26/2019: NOA1 Text Message

12/13/2019: NOA2 (through tracking app)

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nobody here can tell you if they will be issued a visa, that is down to the Consulate.

What supporting documents? Seems a normal visa application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Nobody here can tell you if they will be issued a visa, that is down to the Consulate.

I know that, I just wanted some recommendations if they were some. Thanks

Edited by Maria002

K1

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

There is not much to recommend. The interview will only last about 10 min. They will need to honest. There is nothing needed from you for their application.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 hours ago, Maria002 said:

Hello! I would like your advices for my case.
I am  a peruvian citizen and will get married in U.S with a K1 visa. I plan to get married  next april and want that my parents accompany me on my wedding date, they will  not stay  longer than a week.

Their situations is the following:

• They have never traveled abroad to any country
  • They are  between  48 to 55 years old
  • They are both teachers and will continue working for 5 years more aprox.
  • They work for peruvian national schools and have done it for more than 25 years.
  • They don't speak english and I would be paying their tickets and stay.
  • I will help them to fill their visa application and on it I plan to mention that their reason to visit boston is for my wedding.

I would like to know if they could have any problem getting the visa and If I should get some supporting documents. 

You should write a wedding invitation letter and have them take it to the interview... It's not a deciding factor but it's nice to have in case they were asked for it... Good luck

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with @Tarik 

Its not a deciding factor but could help if the CO ask. 

They might have a chance based on what you have mentioned but its still the CO to determine if they are eligible for the visa. I hope they get lucky and gets approved to attend your wedding!

Goodluck and keep us posted :)

Timeline

Thank you for the responses and advices  😊:idea:. I will try to make an invitation letter for  them to bring to the interview.

K1

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Maria002 said:

Thank you for the responses and advices  😊:idea:. I will try to make an invitation letter for  them to bring to the interview.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

image.png.55d19689e2e1ef9b90b14183ce1c0efb.png

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Maria002 said:

This is not a thing, and could hurt rather than help their case.  By law, tourist visas are adjudicated based on the applicant's risk of trying to immigrate.  The letter draws attention to their ties in the US.  They need to show ties in Peru.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

This is not a thing, and could hurt rather than help their case.  By law, tourist visas are adjudicated based on the applicant's risk of trying to immigrate.  The letter draws attention to their ties in the US.  They need to show ties in Peru.

That is my concern. I know that they will be asked the reason for their trip. If they say they are traveling to be present at my wedding , will it show ties to united states?

They could say they are simply traveling for tourism but boston isn't a  famous destination for vacations and they don't speak english. That is why I was thinking about mentioning that they will come  to accompany me at my wedding.

Edited by Maria002

K1

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

LOL.. The ds160 clearly asks if you have any relatives in USA.. So they already know unless u lie... 

1 minute ago, Maria002 said:

That is my concern. I know that they will be asked the reason for their trip. If they say they are traveling to be present at my wedding , will it show ties to united states?

They could say they are simply traveling for tourism but boston isn't a  famous destination for vacations and they don't speak english. That is why I was thinking about mentioning that they will come  to accompany me at my wedding.

If they are traveling to attend your wedding, and they are asked for the purpose of their trip/who they know in the US (they will be asked), they must tell the truth.  Otherwise they would be lying, which can result in permanently being barred from the US.

My point is (as evidenced by the USCIS excerpt posted by Missileman), letters are not required, and they can have the unfortunate result of drawing attention to the applicants US ties.  Your parents need to focus on their ties to Peru.

1 minute ago, Tarik said:

LOL.. The ds160 clearly asks if you have any relatives in USA.. So they already know unless u lie... 

Obviously.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tarik said:

By the time they apply I won't be in USA yet. I will travel one month later after their application, so NO, i won't be lying about it.

Edited by Maria002

K1

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

If they are traveling to attend your wedding, and they are asked for the purpose of their trip/who they know in the US (they will be asked), they must tell the truth.  Otherwise they would be lying, which can result in permanently being barred from the US.

My point is (as evidenced by the USCIS excerpt posted by Missileman), letters are not required, and they can have the unfortunate result of drawing attention to the applicants US ties.  Your parents need to focus on their ties to Peru.

Obviously.

Clear as water. Thanks 😉

K1

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For what I've read here and invitation is not enough reason to grant a visa, all the opposite, an inmediate family member is stablishing residence in the US, and just because of that they might see an intention to inmigrate. 

My experience: my mom and sister applied for a tourist visa, before I had my k1 interview, they got their visa, my mom is a retired teacher and my sister has a stable job, however she was single no kids, I was concern about her, she has the perfect profile to overstay.

I suggest to apply before your travel, even before your interview, obviously if you still in Perú. 

®️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.