Jonthndaniel724

F2B Visa & F2A Visa Advice For Future

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice/opinions on my situation regarding my visa journey. I'll start from the beginning.

I'm a 28 year old unmarried British citizen living in the UK. I was born here and have lived here all my life. I have been in the process of applying for a green card (F2B) through my father who lives in the United States. He is a permanent resident and can take US citizenship soon. He has been living there for the last 18 years. My priority date is the 21st of October 2014, so I've been waiting just over five years now. I've been keeping an eye on the visa bulletin and can see my date is passed on both the 'Final Action Dates' & 'Dates For Filing' charts. I have an immigration attorney who has told me that the next step is waiting for my I-130 to be approved. I know my application is at the Vermont service centre which currently shows the 'Receipt date for case inquiry' as June 17, 2011.

I understand no one can predict the time scale on when my I-130 will be approved but does anyone have any previous experience of how long their F2B took and what I should expect? On the case processing time it shows the estimated time range as 79 to 103 months. Does that mean it could be 79 months minimum from my priority date or 103 months maximum? Does the fact the visa bulletin has passed my date speed the process up at all?

Separate to all this I have a girlfriend in the UK, we don't have children and don't plan to. We have talked about the United States in the future and how we would make it work. She currently has a 10 year B1/B2 Visitor Visa she travels on when we go to visit my family in the US. The long story short is that she has a single DUI conviction from three years ago (Hence the Visitor Visa, she isn't eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program) but this has been taken into account. The DUI is a minor offence and she passed a medical to get her current Visa granted. We both have good jobs in the UK, she makes around 32,000 a year and I make around 25,000, she will own her own house in the UK within the next five years, not sure if it's relevant but might be worth mentioning. My questions relate to how our future may work out if she decided to come to live with me in the United States.

I understand that we would make the decision to get married (After my Green Card approval) and that I could sponsor her as a Permanent Resident. She would then fall into the F2A category. My biggest concern is her criminal record. It's easy for us to say she made a stupid mistake but I understand that US Immigration won't see it that way. By the time my Green Card is approved the conviction may well be spent or at least be 6+ years old. Do you think this will have a huge impact on me sponsoring her? Keeping in mind that they have already reviewed it on her current visa and granted it for 10 years.

I guess what I'm looking for is anyone with a similar experience or to tell me that our situation is actually possible!

Thank you!

Jonathan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well you would need to get your GC go back and marry then file and just a guess say it takes 2 years so the DUI  will both be old and not normally an issue, but then not normally an issue to use the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi! Jonthdaniel724

Regarding Vermont Center, this is my case: 

PD: April 2013

RFE (Request For Evidence): July 2019

RFE's response: September 2019

Approval Notice: December 4, 2019

Case at NVC right now, waiting for Welcome letter.

You are about to get your approval, many people do. Just be patient men, this awaiting is frustrating, but there's no way to speed your case or to know what is going on in there!

Hope to have helped you! 

3 hours ago, Dave_VE said:

Hi! Jonthdaniel724

Regarding Vermont Center, this is my case: 

PD: April 2013

RFE (Request For Evidence): July 2019

RFE's response: September 2019

Approval Notice: December 4, 2019

Case at NVC right now, waiting for Welcome letter.

You are about to get your approval, many people do. Just be patient men, this awaiting is frustrating, but there's no way to speed your case or to know what is going on in there!

Hope to have helped you! 

Thanks for the reply! When was your I-130 approved then? 

It’s strange as the date shown for processing online shows January 04 2012 which means that yours wouldn’t technically be processed by now. Are these dates not accurate for the Vermont Service Center?

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.