Esya

Please help! Problem with bank statements!

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Please someone help me because I don't know what's the best thing to do! So here is my situation. My husband has always had an account with a Florida-based credit union and that's what we both have been using and we couldn't add me to the account because we moved to a different state when I came to the US in May 2017.  When we moved to Arkansas, we opened a joint account with an Arkansas-based bank (Red River) but we still kept using my husband's bank since it benefited us more financially. Before our move to Texas we decided to close our joint account with Red River and we wanted to open a joint account at a more accessible bank and we chose Chase. We opened it in May 2019 and have been using it since then. I'm planning on including statements from my husband's bank even though it only has his name but that's what we had been using before we opened our joint Chase account. Should I include some of the statements from Red River bank (since it has my name on it) even though we didn't use it that much and its closed? And maybe I should write an explanation letter? Or is it better not to even mention that joint account with Red River?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I would include all the evidence I can and tie them all together with a cover letter... You can't go wrong with that. Good luck 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For ROC evidence you should include ALL financial information that you have since the inception of the marriage. This is specifically mentioned in the Form I-751 instructions (emphasis added):

Evidence of the Relationship

Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended. The documents should include, but are not limited to, the following examples:

1. Birth certificates of children born during the time of this marriage, if any;

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence;

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts with transaction history, complete joint Federal and State tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, or joint installment or other loans. If applicable, submit copies of military Leave and Earnings Statements showing receipt of Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) with family members and/or Form DD-1172 for military family member identification cards;

REF: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751 , Instructions, page 5.

Good luck on your immigration journey, and Happy Holidays!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You cant submit what you dont have. therefore, submit what you DO have and include a cover letter that explains your situation. Many couples do not have joint bank accounts but most couples DO have joint insurance, credit cards (either as co owner of account or authorized user), loans or cars/real estate in both names, wills, etc.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So normally bank statements list all individual transactions made on that account. You can print out the detailed two year's worth of the bank account transaction statements that's under your husband name and can highlight the expenses that were done by you. You may highlight if there were any plane tickets expenses listed that you may have bought to take a trip and you can attach photos and itinerary from that trip and explain it in your letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.