Smokey Bear

DS-160 Questions...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Morning all!

Just moving my small queries to UK forum for my K1 DS-160.

I currently have a NOA2 (yay) but no case number (I only had the NOA2 6 days) - I have filled out ALL the DS-160 questions and double checked and added a photo.

I have a few queries with ensuring I am giving the correct info. But I am 99% there.

I am told there is no fee for the DS-160 in some forum posts and other (not my posts) say there is. Not that it matters - just confusing.

So, for the UK, should I just submit anyway (without  CASE NUMBER) and wait - or is there a preferred method/order?

My jabs are all up to date, I have my Police Report......

Basically it comes down to:

1. Does waiting create huge delay in process to the end game
  2. Does early submission hinder my festive break - where I plan to visit the USA
  3. If I submit today my last 5 visits listed to USA -  won't include CHRISTMAS 2019/20 but if they read it in JANUARY 2020 it should include it. (But its true at submission).

Thanks All

SB

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Smokey Bear said:

Basically it comes down to:

1. Does waiting create huge delay in process to the end game
  2. Does early submission hinder my festive break - where I plan to visit the USA
  3. If I submit today my last 5 visits listed to USA -  won't include CHRISTMAS 2019/20 but if they read it in JANUARY 2020 it should include it. (But its true at submission).

Just wait. You don't gain anything by submitting now. Nobody looks at it until your interview day. Once your case reaches London (prob January) you can pick your interview date. Having a DS-160 in the cloud somewhere now in December does not get your case to London any faster, nor does it get you an interview slot any faster. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Just wait. You don't gain anything by submitting now. Nobody looks at it until your interview day. Once your case reaches London (prob January) you can pick your interview date. Having a DS-160 in the cloud somewhere now in December does not get your case to London any faster, nor does it get you an interview slot any faster. 

OK, you'll have to excuse my ignorance..... I understand my NOA2 moves to the NVC and that the DHL (?) packs are shipped twice a month (?) - so what is my 'trigger' to complete the DS-160, is it a letter from London saying chose a date, or is there another trigger that tells me to do so.

NB: Obviously I'll have to wait until the 13th Jan (when I return, as I cant really complete it in the USA) as I'll be in the middle of what could (is) be my 5th listed visit to the USA.

Many thanks

SB

Edited by Smokey Bear

Timeline

@Smokey Bear

Once your case gets to London, you can submit DS-160, make your medical appointment, and go online to pick your interview all on the same day.  You pay the visa fee and arrange the courier while online booking the interview.

The wait now is getting case from USCIS to NVC and then NVC to London. Then all systems go to move along quickly. 

The trigger to get the medical folks to make an appointment is knowing your new LNDXXXXXXXXX case number. The trigger to get online to make your interview appointment is the file being in London so the "system" recognizes you and lets you proceed. DS-160 just sits there and doesn't trigger anything. 

Edit to add:: you don't actually need the letter from London. You can track your case number on CEAC and once it says "ready" you should be able to get in the interview system whether you have a physical letter from London or not.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Many thanks :)

I'll wait for my CEAC number (from NVC?)  to track, then check for to see if I can get  into the system to book.

EDIT: I know my case is in LONDON as they snail mail me a letter? This is how I know the LDN number...?

By which time I can do all the things you mention :)

I appreciate your time.

SB

Edited by Smokey Bear

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Smokey Bear said:

Many thanks :)

I'll wait for my CEAC number (from NVC?)  to track, then check for to see if I can get  into the system to book.

By which time I can do all the things you mention :)

I appreciate your time.

SB

If you try to book the interview and it says something like "invalid number", just wait a day and try again. Your number is not invalid, it's just that you tried too soon. Keep trying each day until you get in. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

Greenbaum said to put NA

Then why did you ask in the UK forum if you have an answer that suits you? 

Her Majesty's Passport Office (HMPO) is headquartered in London, so London is an appropriate answer. Use NA if you like that better. 

Oops! Typo fixed. Sorry Queen.

Edited by Wuozopo

You should not submit the ds-160 until my fiance gets the package mailed to his house in england right? we are working on filling it out now (with everything else) but shouldnt submit it until he gets it in his hand correct? in the meantime, we can submit the police report and set up the appt with his doctor to get his immuz. records? right now the package is "in-transit". Additionally, for the photo upload for the ds-160, we took ours and have it in our hands but how are people getting it on their laptops? we took a picture of it but the ds-160 website said its too out of focus. did people scan it? its the same photo from the petition that got approved so we know its correct.

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

1.     . Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

For the ds-160, how do we get what are the vaccinations in the us currently compared to what my fiance got in england? when he gets his immuz records from his gp, can he know then?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Caitlin Kennedy said:

1.     . Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law?

For the ds-160, how do we get what are the vaccinations in the us currently compared to what my fiance got in england? when he gets his immuz records from his gp, can he know then?

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age.pdf

34 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Thank you. So my fiance should bring this to his GP in England compare what he had done as a child to what he needs on this list for the US? For any he hasnt, can he get them in england before he comes or wait until he comes? then to answer the ds-160 question,  Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with U.S. law? Should we put yes or no, he will get any outstanding in the us when he comes?

Edited by Caitlin Kennedy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.