Caresse33

W2 from 2016 is missing

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, My husband has completed an affadavit of support I-864ez for me. He has his tax transcript for the last 3 years (2018, 2017 and 2016). He also added W2 from 2018 and 2017 however he cannot find his W2 for 2016. What should he do? He has one for 2015 can he include that instead? He has recently moved house and think it might got lost in the move. Thank you for advice in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

W2s are not required when submitting transcripts unless they were joint returns and he is sponsoring with his own income.(I.E. he filed jointly with an ex) Also only the most recent tax year is required the 2 previous years are completely optional.

20 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

W2s are not required when submitting transcripts unless they were joint returns and he is sponsoring with his own income.(I.E. he filed jointly with an ex) Also only the most recent tax year is required the 2 previous years are completely optional.

He is sponsoring with his own income no joint sponsor

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Caresse33 said:

He is sponsoring with his own income no joint sponsor

I think you misunderstood what I meant. He only needs to provide his W2 if he filed his taxes jointly with an ex-spouse. If he filed his taxes as single he only needs to provide the transcript.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

I think you misunderstood what I meant. He only needs to provide his W2 if he filed his taxes jointly with an ex-spouse. If he filed his taxes as single he only needs to provide the transcript.

Ok thank you so much , I understand it more clearly now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.