bluewaiting

Backpack to interview at London

8 posts in this topic

According to their website, cabin baggage size is the largest allowed, so these would be the measure ments...

Cabin baggage should have a maximum length of 56 cm (22 inches), width of 45 cm (18 inches) and depth of 25 cm (10 inches) including all handles, side pockets, wheels etc.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, bluewaiting said:

Hi quick question, are medium size backpacks allowed into the London embassy? 

thanks

Yes. Others have taken in backpacks. Here's the interview instruction notice.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/IVK-preparingforyourappointment.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

There's lots of luggage storage locations as an option also, that's what I did with mine but I did have a laptop with me which you aren't allowed.

Simple version: I turned up at the embassy last October 1st. I brought a Tesco carrier bag containing an envelope with my paperwork in it. I had my noise cancelling headphones, my iPhone, a charge cable and plug, my bank card and finally my door keys. That was it.

I had no issues with going that minimal. That's my suggestion. If you need to bring a bag there is left luggage facilities at Victoria Station and the District cafe across the road can also store items for a fee.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, Smokey Bear said:

Key Fobs not allowed?

Allowed. Go back up to the 3rd post in this topic where I posted a link to the interview instruction which discusses what is allowed and not allowed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.