ColoradoSteve

Question about Port of Entry for K1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Everyone,

I have a question regarding the port of entry for my fiancee. We will be traveling together by air and will enter the US at IAH (Houston International Airport). Will my fiancee and I be able to go through the same line in immigration? If so, will we need to be in the line for US citizens or the line for foreigners? I am a US citizen, and my fiancee will have her foreign passport with K1 visa attached.

I really hope that it isn't necessary for us to go separate ways in the airport. IAH is gigantic and will be very intimidating and confusing for my fiancee. She has never encountered such an airport before...

Regards,

Steve

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes.   When you enter the immigration area ask the CBP agent which window for processing immigrants, you both can go through that window.     I did this with my wife.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully the airport itself won't be a circus and not to busy with other international arrivals. 👍

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Timeline

You can try to go through the same line. However, keep in mind that CBP will have to inspect your stuff and do the interview if it's your first entry into the US with a K visa. You will have to give that medical packet that you got after the K visa interview. I'm not sure if you're going to be allowed to stand idly while the CBP officers do their inspection, fingerprinting, or whatnot. You may have to wait by the baggage carousal. Just be sure to let your partner know where you plan to meet in the airport.

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 12/11/2019 at 12:07 AM, ColoradoSteve said:

Everyone,

I have a question regarding the port of entry for my fiancee. We will be traveling together by air and will enter the US at IAH (Houston International Airport). Will my fiancee and I be able to go through the same line in immigration? If so, will we need to be in the line for US citizens or the line for foreigners? I am a US citizen, and my fiancee will have her foreign passport with K1 visa attached.

I really hope that it isn't necessary for us to go separate ways in the airport. IAH is gigantic and will be very intimidating and confusing for my fiancee. She has never encountered such an airport before...

Regards,

Steve

I'm going to be doing the same thing with my fiance this January (by God's grace). Thanks for starting this thread I have so many questions! I will be going through Atlanta HartsfieldJackson Airport with my fiance by air.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@Pmta1 @Hank Great advice thanks! Do you have any other suggestions? of things to bring? Things not to do?

K visa applicants rarely have any trouble entering the US through a port of entry. It's usually a quick and painless procedure. So, there's usually not a whole lot of debate on this topic. Just keep in mind that your medical report needs to be hand carried to inspection. I also recommend you make sure nothing prevents your fingerprints from being scanned. Keep calm and answer questions honestly (if asked) just like how you did during the visa interview. You should be fine. Congratulations

I learned the hard way, I hope YOU don't have to. Advice: learn, learn, learn.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack posts removed. Please start your own thread if you have questions for your own case.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.