19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi all,

My green card expires around end of March

As we all in know, we can apply for the removal of condition  90 days before the expiration. So i might be able to file by the end of December.

My question is: do you know when uscis generally updates to the new filing fees ?

I want to file for removal of condition before they change them.

Thanks

Edited by stm

They did not update yet. They are still collecting people comment and it will be end on Dec 16 2019. I think new fees will be effected end of this year.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ku Mưa said:

They did not update yet. They are still collecting people comment and it will be end on Dec 16 2019. I think new fees will be effected end of this year.

Is there an online uscis source for reference?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, stm said:

Is there an online uscis source for reference?

any fee increases will be posted on the USCIS fee page. Submit whatever is the current fee as of the date of your petition mailing.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Historically, it looks like they increased fees on Dec 23 back in 2016. Not sure if that's a date they consistently use on fee increase years.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

Historically, it looks like they increased fees on Dec 23 back in 2016. Not sure if that's a date they consistently use on fee increase years.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/our-fees

those were the fee increases in 2016 and as stated those fees started Dec 23 2016

they have not yet set a date for the new increase

we have till December 16th to voice our opinion on the increases

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/11/14/2019-24366/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule-and-changes-to-certain-other-immigration

hit the submit a comment (large green area ) to say what you think of these new increases / BTW they are huge increases

Timeline

Ok so if they decide to increse,  most likely it takes effect december 23. So as long as a file before that date i am good.

I hope they don't increase them. But honestly my gut feeling says they will.

Timeline

Does any one knows if they decided to increase the fees or not? If so, when is that takes effect?

Update: it looks like they updates the comment period to end of December.

Edited by stm

I'm not a lawyer and have limited understanding of this BUT I believe the way it works is they post a "proposed rule" in the federal register and invite comment. They then have to review each comment and publish a "final rule" addressing the comments. If you look at the last N400 fee change in 2016, they published a proposed rule in May and it wasn't implemented until December of 2016, with the "final rule" published in October.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/14/2019 at 4:51 PM, stm said:

Ok so if they decide to increse,  most likely it takes effect december 23. So as long as a file before that date i am good.

I hope they don't increase them. But honestly my gut feeling says they will.

I found this embedded in the Executive summary in the early part of the link .. I interpret it as the new fees .. whatever they end up being .., becoming effective on October 1 2020 

A. Effective Date

The FY 2019/2020 fee review assumes these changes may affect the second year of the biennial period, as FY 2020 began on October 1, 2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, stm said:

Does any one knows if they decided to increase the fees or not? If so, when is that takes effect?

Update: it looks like they updates the comment period to end of December.

Your guess is a good as anyone else...;) Everyone knows that the increases are likely to be pretty significant: 

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=0947ffe6-83b7-4ba7-b521-224f835c6a46

Now DHS has extended the public comment period:https://www.fragomen.com/insights/alerts/dhs-extends-deadline-public-comments-proposed-uscis-fee-changes?utm_source=Mondaq&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=View-Original

It would seem that your best bet as to when the fee increases will go into effect is to do like the rest of us and keep doing Google searches. I have had good luck with the search terms: USCIS fee increases . 

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
5 hours ago, stm said:

Thank you all. There is hope still they don't change these or make a small increase only.

You are welcome.

I don't hold much hope for fee increases not happening, and even less hope that the increases will be small and reasonable.

It seems that the prez's hatchet man at USCIS, Cuccinelli (?), has been quoted as saying to the effect that USCIS needs to be run more like a business and that the fee increases are necessary to keep the agency afloat.:lol: To that end he has proposed ending quite a few of the fee waiver mechanisms for many of the services, and in many cases, he has proposed hefty double-digit fee increases, with essentially doubling of the current fee in several instances.:protest: If the fee increases were to result in improved service, I suspect many folks would be okay with that. But I fear, the fees will skyrocket and the service will continue to be abysmal. :blink::no:

Happy Holidays!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 hours ago, Pitaya said:

You are welcome.

I don't hold much hope for fee increases not happening, and even less hope that the increases will be small and reasonable.

It seems that the prez's hatchet man at USCIS, Cuccinelli (?), has been quoted as saying to the effect that USCIS needs to be run more like a business and that the fee increases are necessary to keep the agency afloat.:lol: To that end he has proposed ending quite a few of the fee waiver mechanisms for many of the services, and in many cases, he has proposed hefty double-digit fee increases, with essentially doubling of the current fee in several instances.:protest: If the fee increases were to result in improved service, I suspect many folks would be okay with that. But I fear, the fees will skyrocket and the service will continue to be abysmal. :blink::no:

Happy Holidays!!

Little hope it will improve service as it also funds ICE and that is what they really want / to rid us of illegals/ sorry i  may seem to negative but so far with the new ds5535 and ds 160 and ds 260 going on,   everything is slower

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Little hope it will improve service as it also funds ICE and that is what they really want / to rid us of illegals/ sorry i  may seem to negative but so far with the new ds5535 and ds 160 and ds 260 going on,   everything is slower

Whole-heartedly agree !! 👍

Yep, ICE and CBP rounding up illegal egg farm workers in Minnesota. That's a wonderful  use of our user service fees. Protect us from those egg pickers... I fear that the chicken-scratching from the prez's banty rooster, Cuccinelli, just shows that the "yolk" is on us. B-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.