Mr.So

No NOA1 after 3 weeks

14 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I sent my I-129F with a G-1145 form to the Dallas Lockbox. It has been 3 weeks after delivered and I have not received my NOA1 yet. I also confirmed that the money order has not been cashed yet. What is the usual wait time? What should I do at this point? I would appreciate any advice/feedback.

Edited by Mr.So

19 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Hello all,

I sent my I-129F with a G-1145 form to the Dallas Lockbox. It has been 3 weeks after delivered and I have not received my NOA1 yet. I also confirmed that the money order has not been cashed yet. What is the usual wait time? What should I do at this point? I would appreciate any advice/feedback.

When did you mail it off? Also it can take up to 30 days for them to cash the check and send out the NOA1. Not to mention that last week was Thanksgiving and it was a holiday and most federal workers don't work the day after either. 

13 minutes ago, Mr.So said:

Hi Cyberx1024,

Thank you for your reply. My application was delivered on November, 13 2019. However, in the UPS delivery note, it says "Left At Dock" and "Received By ROBINSON". So I'm not sure if it was left out side or someone received my application. 

delivered.JPG

It says "Left at Dock" because they pick up the all the packages at one time for that day. So once they pick it up from there they have to bring it back and sort it out to people. I would relax because at most it has been sitting in the facility for 13 working days right now. So you still have plenty of time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not sure what the process is. I used FedEx and it was delivered to Lewisville on 11/29 and my check was cashed today 12/5. I haven't received an email confirmation yet through. I did include the G-1145 form. Hopefully, you hear something soon. 

Good luck. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

You’ve just begun the waiting. As others said relax. You’ve got to be patient with the process or you’ll drive yourself crazy 

This posting is so true! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Although they're normally somewhat quicker, your NOA1 isn't officially late until it's been 30 days (really late NOA1s seem more common at the Chicago lockbox for AOS than the Dallas for the petition, but it's happened at both).

After that, you can contact lockbox support at LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov if you still haven't heard anything.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

I'd wait a bit longer. Imagine cancelling your money order and then they try and process your application and then deny it because the money order has been cancelled. That would have been a waste of time.

Our Visa Journey:

2 April 2018: Married in Santa Ana, California 💒

6 June 2019: Birth of our daughter 👶👨‍👩‍👧

14 October 2019: Sent I-130 package via AusPost 📮 

18 October 2019: NOA1 received - sent to Texas Service Centre :D

24 October 2019: USCIS processed filing fee 🤑 waiting game 🕰️

22 January 2020: Andy moved back to the USA😞 🇺🇸 - re-establish domicile & to get a job 👨‍⚕️

23 February 2020: Petition transferred from Texas Service Centre to Nebraska Service Centre 😞

15 May 2020: I-130 petition approved! 😭😍 Date changes leading up to the approval were: 1 May, 12 May, 13 May. 

16 May 2020: Received NVC email, paid all fees. Waiting for fees to process so we can upload and submit all documents

19 May 2020: Immigrant visa Fees PROCESSED; affidavit of support fee PROCESSED 

28 May 2020: Submitted VISA application, civil documents & affidavit of support documents. Patiently awaiting DQ. 

2 June 2020: Email received from NVC stating that we have been Documentary Qualified and that they will liaise with US Consulate in Sydney for Interview 🐨

27 June 2020: Expedite request submitted 🤞

7 July 2020: Expedite request APPROVED! 😃😭

15 July 2020: Email received advising of interview date and time. 
20 July 2020: Medical i: n Melbourne CBD 🏥     
28 July 2020: US visa interview at US consulate Sydney - refused 221(g) issued. Request for joint sponsor 😞

31 July 2020: uploaded joint sponsor to NVC, emailed consulate 

5 August 2020: emailed received advising they have received the joint sponsor 

7 August 2020: case i0n “administrative processing” 🤞

10 August 2020: visa ISSUED 😭 

12 August 2020: passport and visa in hand!

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.