emma24

Checklist for I-129F (is this everything??)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Okay! Tomorrow is the day I'm sending off my I-129F and I need to put this out here for piece of mind! Below is everything that I have ready to send.

• Cover letter
  • Payment (check for $535)
  • I-129F form
  • Passport style photo (me)
  • Passport style photo (him, fiance)
  • Birth certificate (me)
  • Divorce decree (me)
  • Letter of intent to marry (me)
  • Letter of intent to marry (him)
  • 3 instances of having met in the last 2 years
    • Instance #1 First time meeting in person
      • flight receipt/itinerary
      • electronic boarding passes for flights into US (do not have the physical ones, just the ones he had in his email)
      • bio page and stamp page of his passport
      • booking receipt of 1st hotel
      • booking receipt of 2nd hotel
      • booking receipt of 3rd hotel
      • greyhound bus receipt
      • color photos of us together
    • Instance #2 Trip to Las Vegas
      • flight receipt/itinerary for our shared trip to Vegas (me)
      • flight receipt/itinerary for our shared trip to Vegas (him)
      • color photos of us (including ones with friends and family)
    • Instance #3 My trip to Norway
      • Flight receipt/itinerary
      • bio page and stamp page of my passport
      • bank statement showing purchases made in Norway

I just want to make sure that this is everything I need and I have sufficient evidence for us meeting in person. We are kicking ourselves for not keeping our boarding passes but honestly didn't even know the whole process we'd have to go through to be together in the US!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, emma24 said:

Okay! Tomorrow is the day I'm sending off my I-129F and I need to put this out here for piece of mind! Below is everything that I have ready to send.

• Cover letter
  • I-129F form
  • Birth certificate (me)
  • Divorce decree (me)
      • electronic boarding passes for flights into US (do not have the physical ones, just the ones he had in his email)
      • greyhound bus receipt

I just want to make sure that this is everything I need and I have sufficient evidence for us meeting in person. We are kicking ourselves for not keeping our boarding passes but honestly didn't even know the whole process we'd have to go through to be together in the US!

You are good to go. My Fiancé and I just submitted photos (around 40 pictures),plane tickets, and hotel reservations as proof and we were approved by the USCIS. Good luck on your journey! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AgiJA said:

You are good to go. My Fiancé and I just submitted photos (around 40 pictures),plane tickets, and hotel reservations as proof and we were approved by the USCIS. Good luck on your journey! 

Thank you so much! I am just trying to get over these last minute jitters!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

looks good. we added a statement of circumstances of meeting (question 54 on the form) i wrote a letter describing how we met, including dates, etc. Best of luck!!

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
13 hours ago, emma24 said:

Good morning! Make sure to add some more detail to your letter of intent to marry than the  usual format that is online. Aditionally send   conversations about future plans for your wedding, ring receipt, venue. Even though you don't have to book them yet, some people got RFE being asked  to send this information.

FYI:

Edited by Maria002

K1

08/24/2019: I-129F Mailed

08/26/2019: NOA1 Text Message

12/13/2019: NOA2 (through tracking app)

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

looks good. we added a statement of circumstances of meeting (question 54 on the form) i wrote a letter describing how we met, including dates, etc. Best of luck!!

I have those at the beginning of each set of evidence!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maria002 said:

Good morning! Make sure to add some more detail to your letter of intent to marry than the  usual format that is online. Aditionally send   conversations about future plans for your wedding, ring receipt, venue. Even though you don't have to book them yet, some people got RFE being asked  to send this information.

FYI:

I don’t have time to pull all of this together before sending. I feel confident that I have shown our intent with our letters and more than one example of meeting and the duration of our times spent together. Fingers crossed! But thanks so much for your feedback! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
50 minutes ago, emma24 said:

I don’t have time to pull all of this together before sending. I feel confident that I have shown our intent with our letters and more than one example of meeting and the duration of our times spent together. Fingers crossed! But thanks so much for your feedback! 

You should be fine, some people don't have problems with it. Best of the wishes! 😊

K1

08/24/2019: I-129F Mailed

08/26/2019: NOA1 Text Message

12/13/2019: NOA2 (through tracking app)

AOS

08/08/20 Documents sent

08/27/20 Check cashed

08/31/20 SMS received

09/08/20 NOA received

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here are some form filing tips from USCIS, https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips . You may find them useful in preparation to mailing your petition.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

Here are some form filing tips from USCIS, https://www.uscis.gov/forms-filing-tips . You may find them useful in preparation to mailing your petition.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Thank you! I viewed these last night and prepared my packet according to it! I went ahead and put my name at the top of every extra paper after my form. Is that a good idea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, emma24 said:

• Cover letter
  • I-129F form
  • Birth certificate (me)
  • Divorce decree (me)
      • greyhound bus receipt

IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU: You will need to include your marriage certificate (since your birth cert and your current name on the forms and passport may be different ie: maiden vs married name)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K&D2020 said:

IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU: You will need to include your marriage certificate (since your birth cert and your current name on the forms and passport may be different ie: maiden vs married name)

Changed my name back to maiden name immediately after divorce so everything is the same! I just have a few receipts and bookings in my married name but I noted the Last name in the additional names used in the form and my divorce decree is also in the married name. Thanks for the advice!!

@emma24 Make sure you send all divorces if more than one and make double sure you send ALL the pages of your divorce again send the whole complete divorce ALL pages. Make sure the intent letters are signed by you and him!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@emma24 Make sure you send all divorces if more than one and make double sure you send ALL the pages of your divorce again send the whole complete divorce ALL pages. Make sure the intent letters are signed by you and him!!!

Just the one! And I have all 3 pages! Signature and seal is all there :) I have tried to search up RFEs to avoid any mistakes and I saw that was a big one! 

I am also going through everything ONE LAST TIME before I mail to make sure everything is signed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.