Alex890

Confused 💔😢

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I’m very confused about my husband’s case. When I went to the Embassy interview on October 1, 2019 I was told my husband failed a drug test but since he came here with a perdon he wasn’t going to have to wait here a year and we would just have to contact our doctor to make another appointment do redo his drug test. We waited almost a month to get a call back from the doctor they made his appointment for today October 31,2019 and he passed the drug test, but when my husband came out the appointment he told me heartbroken news he said the doctor told him he was going to have to be getting random drug tested for a year in El Salvador? So I’m confused and overwhelmed I came here with my two year old and my infant who’s 10 month I’m also pregnant of 6 months now , so I can’t stay here with my husband the year the doctor wants to keep drug testing. Can you please explain to me what our next step is? Is there a way We can make this process go faster? 

Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Perdon?

I 601A?

Assuming that is the case it is a waiver for illegal presence not drugs.

One year of testing would be normal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

So my husband will have to complete a year an El Salvador  in order for him to try again? There’s no way we can get this process to go faster ? 

What is the perdon you are mentioning?  A pardon?

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

When we went to the embassy the guy there told us since my husband came to the US  illegal but has a  waiver  Of forgiveness and it was  approved we didn’t have to wait a year here they would give him. So he told us just to contact our doctor to redo the drug test but never  mention he was going to be here a year?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alex890 said:

When we went to the embassy the guy there told us since my husband came to the US  illegal but has a  waiver  Of forgiveness and it was  approved we didn’t have to wait a year here they would give him. So he told us just to contact our doctor to redo the drug test but never  mention he was going to be here a year?  

That makes no sense, a waiver for illegal presence has nothing to do with drugs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No there is no way to make this go faster. It's a year ban when they find drugs at medical. And yes the next year he has to get drug test and counseling. After a year he will get a new medical and then he can schedule a new interview.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

No there is no way to make this go faster. It's a year ban when they find drugs at medical. And yes the next year he has to get drug test and counseling. After a year he will get a new medical and then he can schedule a new interview.

What kind of counseling will he have to take and how long? Also will he have to do his interview all over again? When we went to the embassy the guy kept with some of our papers  with our information how do we get them back?

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex890 said:

What kind of counseling will he have to take and how long? Also will he have to do his interview all over again? When we went to the embassy the guy kept with some of our papers  with our information how do we get them back?

What did they keep?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, Alex890 said:

Kike I said he needs to contact the medical Doctor they will lay out all needed. Yes there will be another interview. in a year when you reschedule they will tell him what he needs to bring. Updated evidence surely will be anted and of course a new medical.
Has he called the Medical doctor yet?

If they have documents of yours you need back (marriage certificate is about the only thing they should get back the rest is there's)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.