PSan

London Interview Wait Times

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

(Feel free to call me dumb and point me to an existing thread on this one - I couldn't find one 🙈)

I'm the USC, my wife is a Hong Kong/British dual citizen, and we were wondering what kind of lags people are seeing between receiving their NOA3 and getting an embassy appointment.

(The longer version is that we'll need to get an HK police report for her, and the HK police only mail them directly to the embassy (they promise it in 4 weeks or less), so we're trying to schedule the appointment as soon after the police report arrives as possible - has anyone else encountered this problem?)

Thanks! (and thanks for letting me lurk on here for this long 😇)

Pat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Your profile says DCF. Is that correct? Once the USCIS office in London sends your approved petition over to the Immigrant Visa Unit In London, you pick your own interview date. There is usually something available within 3 weeks. (It varies like everything else). Or you can pick something farther out. Right now you would probably find November and December appointments. They won't open things much further than the current and next month. Toward the end of November, they would open January. 

Somebody who has been into the system recently, please correct me if this is not the case.

That's correct, we've filed DCF - at this stage we've received the NOA2 letter (I hope I'm using the right term there - it's the one that says "Your I-130 was processed, you'll receive the LND number in the next x weeks").

That's more or less what we were looking for, though - sounds like ~3-4 weeks is usual, which is perfect.  Any idea what happens if she gets there and the HK police report hasn't arrived yet?  They don't provide any tracking, so the best we can do is hope that giving them the full 4 weeks will be enough time for it to arrive...

Thank you for the quick reply! 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
16 hours ago, PSan said:

That's correct, we've filed DCF - at this stage we've received the NOA2 letter (I hope I'm using the right term there - it's the one that says "Your I-130 was processed, you'll receive the LND number in the next x weeks").

That's more or less what we were looking for, though - sounds like ~3-4 weeks is usual, which is perfect.  Any idea what happens if she gets there and the HK police report hasn't arrived yet?  They don't provide any tracking, so the best we can do is hope that giving them the full 4 weeks will be enough time for it to arrive...

Thank you for the quick reply! 🙏

They will hold your visa approval until they receive the necessary document. Then they get back to your case (may not be the day it arrives) and send it through the final processing. Check status on CEAC for date changes or status changes. When it says "Issued", it's printed and will be handed off to the courier and to you within 2(ish) days.

You should receive an instruction letter from the embassy saying they have your petition, the LND number, and where to find further instructions on the website.  The medical exam people want to see that LND number in writing. The letter is not really needed for anything else. You could try calling the NVC and asking if they have your LND case number. They should all be tied into the same computer system. Not exactly sure how it works on DCF. If NVC is able to tell you the case number, ask if they can send it via email. Then you could show that at the medical instead of waiting on the embassy letter in case you are ready to get on with the medical part. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.