Moofy

Received I-797C for 10-year Greencard - just Biometrics?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just received a Form I-797C the other day that says: "To process your application, petition or request, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics."

It then indicates our appointment (in less than 2 weeks) and says she needs to bring Photo Identification.

Note this is the first response since we filed the core I-751 back in May. Also, we did an Interview to receive her initial green card (back in 2017).

So my questions are:

1) This is not an interview, just a picture and fingerprinting, correct?

2) If they are responding with this biometric appointment, does that mean they will not require an interview for the 10-year GC approval?

3) Does the new health insurance requirement impact our submission at all? Should we take proof of insurance just so they can put it in the record?

Thanks!

06.12.2016 | Met Online
06.25.2016 | Flew to Philippines to meet
07.04.2016 | Returned home
07.15.2016 | Submitted K-1 to USCIS
09.01.2016 | Submission Approved
10.02.2016 | Manila Case Assigned
10.06.2016 | Interview assigned (10.25.2016)
10.13.2016 | Medical (Passed)
10.25.2016 | Interview | 221(g) requiring chat logs & remittance
10.27.2016 | 221(g) materials delivered
10.27.2016 | CFO Class Taken
11.22.2016 | K-1 Visa Approved
11.23.2016 | K-1 Visa Issued
11.24.2016 | Visa in hand
11.25.2016 | Flight to SFO | Approved Entry
02.12.2017 | MARRIED!
08.15.2017 | 2 year Green Card approved!

Everything is Fantastic!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

1. this is a biometric appt, not an interview.

2. your interview will be for the 2 year green card if you are married less than 2 years. 10 years green card come after or if your interview happens to pass your 2 year marriage then you will get 10 year green card.

3.what is the new health insurance you are speaking of? i dont think health insurance has anythign to do with AOS

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

ok UPDATE.....so after reading about this new policy about health insurance, I came to conclude that this health insurance is required to aquire a VISA for US entry. from what i understood from it. although i didnt read it word for word.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-will-financially-burden-united-states-healthcare-system/

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Moofy said:

Just received a Form I-797C the other day that says: "To process your application, petition or request, the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) must capture your biometrics."

It then indicates our appointment (in less than 2 weeks) and says she needs to bring Photo Identification.

Note this is the first response since we filed the core I-751 back in May. Also, we did an Interview to receive her initial green card (back in 2017).

So my questions are:

2) If they are responding with this biometric appointment, does that mean they will not require an interview for the 10-year GC approval?

3) Does the new health insurance requirement impact our submission at all? Should we take proof of insurance just so they can put it in the record?

Thanks!

Visit the Removing Of Conditions forum as this is not an AOS situation but ROC

YMMV

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

ok UPDATE.....so after reading about this new policy about health insurance, I came to conclude that this health insurance is required to aquire a VISA for US entry. from what i understood from it. although i didnt read it word for word.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-will-financially-burden-united-states-healthcare-system/

Update to your update.  

A federal judge has temporarily blocked the health insurance proclamation.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50278527

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Moofy said:

So my questions are:

Thanks!

1.  It's just for fingerprinting.

2.  No.  Biometrics does mean an interview is being waived.

3.  No.  Has nothing to do with ROC.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Moofy said:

So my questions are:

Thanks!

1) Picture and fingerprinting. The picture will be the one on the 10-year card, FYI.

2) No, they might still require an interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your replies. So I guess things are up in the air at this point as to whether or not they will require an interview? How long after Biometrics do we usually hear something about the next step?

Also, for the Biometrics appointment, my understanding is she only needs to bring her Green Card and nothing more; correct?

Edited by Moofy

06.12.2016 | Met Online
06.25.2016 | Flew to Philippines to meet
07.04.2016 | Returned home
07.15.2016 | Submitted K-1 to USCIS
09.01.2016 | Submission Approved
10.02.2016 | Manila Case Assigned
10.06.2016 | Interview assigned (10.25.2016)
10.13.2016 | Medical (Passed)
10.25.2016 | Interview | 221(g) requiring chat logs & remittance
10.27.2016 | 221(g) materials delivered
10.27.2016 | CFO Class Taken
11.22.2016 | K-1 Visa Approved
11.23.2016 | K-1 Visa Issued
11.24.2016 | Visa in hand
11.25.2016 | Flight to SFO | Approved Entry
02.12.2017 | MARRIED!
08.15.2017 | 2 year Green Card approved!

Everything is Fantastic!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*****  Moving from AOS to ROC forum as Op is asking about that part of the process *******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Moofy said:

Thank you everyone for your replies. So I guess things are up in the air at this point as to whether or not they will require an interview? How long after Biometrics do we usually hear something about the next step?

Also, for the Biometrics appointment, my understanding is she only needs to bring her Green Card and nothing more; correct?

At least a year.  I filled Nov 2017, bio Jan 2018, Card produced, no interview Jan 2019. But I was one of the quick ones.  If your file gets transfered to your local office, times can vary widely.  Some Nov 2017 filers are still waiting.  So sit back and relax, it will be awhile.😊.  You might try searching for a May I 751 filers form on here for folks who are on the same train as you. 

16 hours ago, Moofy said:

It’s impossible to know for sure. I would suggest looking up processing times for the service center your application is at to get an idea. Also I find joining the appropriate I-751 filing group for your month.

Though both have been unhelpful for me since all the Nebraska Filers in my month have gotten approved already and we have been waiting with no updates..

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.