Jump to content

Birth certificate help

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi. I do not have the long version of my birth certificate, only the short one. It states I need to get a certified statement from the governing office, and also an affidavit from my mother. My only issue is, I don’t know how to get in touch about this, and everywhere I have looked sends me to exam certificates not birth. Any help here would be perfect as my interview is in 3 days.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m confused - why do you need a certified statement and an affidavit from your mum? Surely you just need to pay for a copy of your birth certificate (there will be a full length version, which is what they’ll send you)?


Unfortunately, even you get an expedited service, I’m pretty certain you won’t get it in 3 days. May be worth seeing if you can go to the office in person to get it.


Alternately, you could reschedule your visa appointment until you have all the necessary documents?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...