scotland2florida

I-864–barely below 125% level 😭

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. We filed our I-130 petition back in March 2019, but our circumstances have changed. We are now filing an AOS package. 

Unfortunately,  I am 600 dollars short on the 125 % poverty level guidelines based on my 2018 tax return. I worked two part time jobs in 2018. I now work three part time jobs (including the same two jobs on 2018 tax return). I will make well above the 125% this year. 

I was planning on submitting my 2018 tax transcript with W2’s along with six months paystubs from my third job. Will this be sufficient, or do I need to submit six months paystubs from all three jobs? 

I hope to avoid an RFE.  

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Edited by scotland2florida
Grammatical error

You need pay stubs, but they still may deny based on the fact that you have to work three jobs.... I do suggest having a joint sponsor lined up just in case. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

29 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You need pay stubs, but they still may deny based on the fact that you have to work three jobs.... I do suggest having a joint sponsor lined up just in case. 

Thanks but I work 45 hours a week for the three combined. I hardly doubt that would disqualify me. 

3 minutes ago, scotland2florida said:

Thanks but I work 45 hours a week for the three combined. I hardly doubt that would disqualify me. 

It may cause concern for the IO.  You're having to work 3 jobs to pass the minimum guidelines vs working one job?  I understand that full time jobs are hard to come by.  Also please keep in mind these need to be w2 jobs as a 1099 job won't count until after taxes as income.  Best wishes.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I had a joint sponsor lined up and my husband made  60k a year but his taxes that year before only showed 15k due to starting his job in Sept the year I immigrated.  He also had a year that was only 16k, but he was military at the time and wasn't taxed for half a year's income due to deployment.  Never hurts to be prepared and not have to use it. 

14 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It may cause concern for the IO.  You're having to work 3 jobs to pass the minimum guidelines vs working one job?  I understand that full time jobs are hard to come by.  Also please keep in mind these need to be w2 jobs as a 1099 job won't count until after taxes as income.  Best wishes.  

These are all W2 jobs. I choose to work the three instead of one full time because they are all remote jobs that allow me to work from home and have a flexible schedule. I am a medical biller.

On the I864 guidelines, it says that I can submit my last tax transcript and six months worth of paystubs proving that I make make over 125% over the poverty guidelines.  This is why I posted here for clarity as to whether or not I need paystubs for all three jobs,  or just the one that I have not yet had a chance to file on my upcoming tax return. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, scotland2florida said:

Hi everyone. We filed our I-130 petition back in March 2019, but our circumstances have changed. We are now filing an AOS package. 

Unfortunately,  I am 600 dollars short on the 125 % poverty level guidelines based on my 2018 tax return. I worked two part time jobs in 2018. I now work three part time jobs (including the same two jobs on 2018 tax return). I will make well above the 125% this year. 

I was planning on submitting my 2018 tax transcript with W2’s along with six months paystubs from my third job. Will this be sufficient, or do I need to submit six months paystubs from all three jobs? 

I hope to avoid an RFE.  

Any advice would be appreciated! 

Stop and look at it as a stranger would. Does your tax return total income line show it is for employer A and B? How will you show the pay stubs from employer C and are not part of the income shown on the tax return.

Connect the dots. Show Emplyer A and something that proves income...the 2018 W2 or six months pay stubs. Ditto for Employer B. And for employer C, six months pay stubs.

Stick a summary spreadsheet page in there to help them see the picture

Employer:  AAA Company --Hrs per week 12--- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Employer:  BB INC.  --Hrs per week 16-- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Employer:  CCC & Sons  --Hrs per week 17--- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Total current income: $XXXXX.XX

6 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Stop and look at it as a stranger would. Does your tax return total income line show it is for employer A and B? How will you show the pay stubs from employer C and are not part of the income shown on the tax return.

Connect the dots. Show Emplyer A and something that proves income...the 2018 W2 or six months pay stubs. Ditto for Employer B. And for employer C, six months pay stubs.

Stick a summary spreadsheet page in there to help them see the picture

Employer:  AAA Company --Hrs per week 12--- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Employer:  BB INC.  --Hrs per week 16-- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Employer:  CCC & Sons  --Hrs per week 17--- Income per Week or Month $xxx.xx

Total current income: $XXXXX.XX

Thank you. I hadn’t thought about the summary. That is a great idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
21 hours ago, scotland2florida said:

Thank you. I hadn’t thought about the summary. That is a great idea.

And three new proofs following the summary.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, scotland2florida said:

These are all W2 jobs. I choose to work the three instead of one full time because they are all remote jobs that allow me to work from home and have a flexible schedule. I am a medical biller.

On the I864 guidelines, it says that I can submit my last tax transcript and six months worth of paystubs proving that I make make over 125% over the poverty guidelines.  This is why I posted here for clarity as to whether or not I need paystubs for all three jobs,  or just the one that I have not yet had a chance to file on my upcoming tax return. 

Yes include paystubs from all three showing your current income.  A tax return is past income.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.