Empressdivine

How soon can I get my fiance's visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was trying to post in the Jamaican thread but I couldn't figure out how. I see that some people are able to pick up their visa quickly after approval. Is this just luck? Can my fiance tell the officer that he would like to fly back with me? I am in the early process of the waiting but I'm thinking ahead. I want to attend the interview with my fiance and hopefully fly back with him. I'm just seeing how many days off from work I would need to take

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Empressdivine said:

I was trying to post in the Jamaican thread but I couldn't figure out how. 

Regional Sub-Forum for the Caribbean: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/153-caribbean/

I see that some people are able to pick up their visa quickly after approval. Is this just luck?

I guess that you can attribute it to luck.

How long it takes from the Visa Interview to the Visa In-Hand depends on how long your case is in Administrative Processing.

Canmy fiance tell the officer that he would like to fly back with me?

You can but I doubt that it would expedite your case, unfortunately.

Edited by Soon To Be Mrs. T

2 hours ago, Empressdivine said:

I was trying to post in the Jamaican thread but I couldn't figure out how. I see that some people are able to pick up their visa quickly after approval. Is this just luck? Can my fiance tell the officer that he would like to fly back with me? I am in the early process of the waiting but I'm thinking ahead. I want to attend the interview with my fiance and hopefully fly back with him. I'm just seeing how many days off from work I would need to take

The golden rule on this site is to never make plans to leave until the visa is physically in your hand. Nobody can predict exactly when you get our visa. Be be warned, the timing could be a quick as a few days to as long as a few months. 

We get many people asking if they can get their visa fast, and so many stories of how people made plans before the interview and ended up missing their plans because their visa took longer to approve.

Telling the officer you want to fly back with your fiance is not going to do anything. Even when you are approved it goes through several more processes before it is issued. The CO is not going to expedite because they have to ensure the integrity of the process.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

*** Moved to Regional (Caribbean) section of the forum.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

We just had are K1 visa interview  on 10/25 I'm the petitioner. At the interview I asked the interviewer if his visa could be expedited so he can fly back with me. I was told unfortunately no and that it will take 1 to 2 weeks to be ready. It was actually ready on 10/31 for pickup. I know others that asked and was able to pickup Visa in two business days so I'm assuming it's just luck on who does your interview.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lovely Aquarius said:

We just had are K1 visa interview  on 10/25 I'm the petitioner. At the interview I asked the interviewer if his visa could be expedited so he can fly back with me. I was told unfortunately no and that it will take 1 to 2 weeks to be ready. It was actually ready on 10/31 for pickup. I know others that asked and was able to pickup Visa in two business days so I'm assuming it's just luck on who does your interview.

Thank you! I will plan for 1 week. That's not bad 😁 . Did you wait until he could fly back with you?

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Empressdivine said:

Thank you! I will plan for 1 week. That's not bad 😁 . Did you wait until he could fly back with you?

No I wasn't able to wait.  He will be coming on his own in a week.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Lovely Aquarius said:

Yeah same thing I told my partner if it takes too long. Congrats 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Lovely Aquarius said:

Congrats 🥳

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.