5 posts in this topic

I'm filing to sponsor my mom but I have no income so my husband is cosponsoring as a household member. I received the following reply from NVC regarding my husband's I864A:

We are unable to accept these documents as uploaded. Please add Michael as Heidi's household member ,and submit all of their documents under Michael's name.

I'm confused because it seems like I did it that way. Can anyone steer me to some helpful information/resources?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

did you file the i864, as the petitioner, you are the primary sponsor and must file an i864 as the sponsor

your husband is your household member, the i864A is always filed with the i864

Hello Heidi,

Have you figured out what needs to be fixed with your husband’s I-864A form? My situation is pretty similar. I am sponsoring my parents using my husband’s income as the sole financial support as I am a stay-at-home mom. My cases are still being processed at Texas SC, but I have been preparing documents for the next step at NVC. And I have been thinking of doing exactly what you did (I myself am gonna file the I-864 as a petitioner and my husband is gonna file the I-864A as a household member sponsor). So, it struck me as odd as to why NVC rejected your husband’s form. Please keep us updated if you are able to sort this out. Thank you and good luck! (I think we are both Vietnamese! My last name is also Nguyen!)

Edited by HanhChi

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.