Jump to content
Oc34n

RFIE for AOS I-485, what exactly does the USCIS need from us?

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

Today my husband (USC,  petitioner) and I (beneficiary) received a yellow letter RFIE for form I-485.

We don't understand what exactly they need from us because in the letter it looked like they're saying in the first page "You need another sponsor because the petitioner doesn't meet the 125% poverty guidelines." 

Then on the 2nd page it sounds like "The sponsor is adequate but deficient in paperwork needed to proceed."

Are my assumptions here correct? Did I interpret the RFIE correctly? 

 

If we're indeed required another sponsor that would meet the poverty guideline, why is that when based on Form I-864P my husband does meet the guideline for a 2 member household?

 

Is it because it's not much past the minimum? 

I'm also currently not working as we're still waiting for my EAD.

 

We included in the package:

Tax return transcripts from IRS (2016, 2017, 2018)

Two W-2s for 2018 tax year because he changed jobs

4 months salary stubs from my husband's employment 

 

We didn't send any copies of tax schedules. Could this be the reason for the "deficiency in paperwork"? Any other paperwork we should have to sent? Any other we could submit?

 

Did they make a mistake here?

 

 

Please go to https://imgur.com/a/2aVUvPl for images.

 

Any insight regarding our case would be greatly appreciated.Thank you all.

 

 

Edited by Oc34n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Oc34n said:

Hello everyone,

Today my husband (USC,  petitioner) and I (beneficiary) received a yellow letter RFIE for form I-485.

We don't understand what exactly they need from us because in the letter it looked like they're saying in the first page "You need another sponsor because the petitioner doesn't meet the 125% poverty guidelines." 

Then on the 2nd page it sounds like "The sponsor is adequate but deficient in paperwork needed to proceed."

Are my assumptions here correct? Did I interpret the RFIE correctly? 

 

If we're indeed required another sponsor that would meet the poverty guideline, why is that when based on Form I-864P my husband does meet the guideline for a 2 member household?

 

Is it because it's not much past the minimum? 

I'm also currently not working as we're still waiting for my EAD.

 

We included in the package:

Tax return transcripts from IRS (2016, 2017, 2018)

Two W-2s for 2018 tax year because he changed jobs

4 months salary stubs from my husband's employment 

 

We didn't send any copies of tax schedules. Could this be the reason for the "deficiency in paperwork"? Any other paperwork we should have to sent? Any other we could submit?

 

Did they make a mistake here?

 

 

Please go to https://imgur.com/a/2aVUvPl for images.

 

Any insight regarding our case would be greatly appreciated.Thank you all.

Honestly it looks like you barely submitted anything at all and you are lucky it wasn't denied outright. You need to submit what was requested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Honestly it looks like you barely submitted anything at all and you are lucky it wasn't denied outright. You need to submit what was requested.

What do you mean? We've sent everything that's applicable to us on the checklist.https://www.uscis.gov/i-485Checklist

 

My letter is concerning the I-864 Affidavit of Support. https://www.uscis.gov/i-864

My husband's not self employed.

He has no other source of income. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Adjustment of Status from Adjustment of Status from K Visas forum.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did you send w2 when you sent tax transcripts?

Sending a w2 without the rest of the return is just an incomplete tax return. 


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Why did you send w2 when you sent tax transcripts?

Sending a w2 without the rest of the return is just an incomplete tax return. 

Was it okay to send only IRS tax return transcripts only? If we knew W2 weren't necessary we wouldn't have.

But we were advised that it was okay to include W2 along with transcripts. 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what I sent and i was fine, did you submit the bolded below?

 

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support & supporting documents:

  • Copy of biographical page of passport
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Copy of 2017 IRS tax Transcript
  • Employment letter verification
  • Copies of most 6 recent Pay stubs

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

 

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, carmel34 said:

bingo

 

looks like you'll need a joint sponsor

Yeah we've came around to that eventually. We think it's the smartest move from here.

Thank you for replying.

 

 

 

Thank you to everyone else who took the time to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...