USS_Voyager

Lawsuits filed against the insurance rule

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

No it isn't. It's health insurance. Public charge has nothing to do with insurance.

So you're saying an immigrant who cannot afford to either buy insurance or pay for their own health care is NOT a public charge?  If so, I disagree.  If my taxes have to pay 1 penny of their health care, and I didn't sponsor them, then they HAVE become a public charge.

Filed: Timeline
16 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

We can, but only one of us seems to be interested in discussing the topic. Again, we are not talking about DACA. YOU said Trump put things back the way they were. He did not. He added a requirement for health insurance.

I was referring to the part where he undid DACA, and I think you know that.

The insurance thing is certainly a different beast.  And doomed to fail. I think the premise behind it is sound, but the path is not.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Health Insurance is know way of meeting the requirements, it is not the only way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

So you're saying an immigrant who cannot afford to either buy insurance or pay for their own health care is NOT a public charge?  If so, I disagree.  If my taxes have to pay 1 penny of their health care, and I didn't sponsor them, then they HAVE become a public charge.

You know exactly what I said. I'll repeat, health insurance is not a requirement. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

48 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

So you support public charges as long as it's only for health care?

No I don't support anyone being a public charge, but there is no law that requires health insurance to pay for health care.

It's also a mistaken assumption that all health care would fall under the public charge rule anyway. Generally the hospital sends you a bill and if you don't pay, they send it to collections. That does not make you a public charge. Public charge refers to receiving benefits that are paid for or subsidized by the government.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

No it isn't. It's health insurance. Public charge has nothing to do with insurance.

So someone that doesn’t have health insurance would not be a drain financially on society?  Wasn’t that the argument for the need to pass Obamacare to reduce the cost to society of those without health insurance?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

You know exactly what I said. I'll repeat, health insurance is not a requirement. 

It is also not a requirement of USCs to sign an I864 when you decide to have a baby.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

Not really, I don't know why it's so hard to understand. Do we prosecute children in the United States? Do you put a 3-year-old in jail if the 3-year-old happen to play with a gun and shoots a bystander in the head? No, do you do not. You put the adult that let the child play with the gun in jail. Why is it different with these kids? 

Seems there is only one obvious answer....

Yes, expel and deport both

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

No I don't support anyone being a public charge, but there is no law that requires health insurance to pay for health care.

It's also a mistaken assumption that all health care would fall under the public charge rule anyway. Generally the hospital sends you a bill and if you don't pay, they send it to collections. That does not make you a public charge. Public charge refers to receiving benefits that are paid for or subsidized by the government.

In Colorado the State helps fund these loses and of course Medicare etc pays more than it would do without these loses.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Federal judge blocks Trump's health insurance rule for immigrants seeking visas

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-blocks-trump-health-insurance-rule-immigrants-visas

4 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Federal judge blocks Trump's health insurance rule for immigrants seeking visas

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-blocks-trump-health-insurance-rule-immigrants-visas

Temp injuctions are not a permanent block.