USS_Voyager

Lawsuits filed against the insurance rule

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Not many lefties here but several called out Obama. As you know though,  this is a current events forum. What we actually haven't really seen is anyone who leans right calling out Trump.

I recall exactly ZERO lefties (here) who argued against DACA, ever.  Most thought it was a great idea.  Trouble is, it had no legal basis, but no one was willing to call out Obama because he was black.

You may recall some, and rightly so.  My memory of small things tends to wane swiftly.  And at the end of the day, DACAs affect my personal life not at all.  But I am empathetic to their plight.  Tough situation to be in, for sure.  

3 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

Hey, did you guys read some of the comments provided. 100% against this "proclamation" from many individuals and several organization

https://www.regulations.gov/docketBrowser?rpp=25&so=DESC&sb=commentDueDate&po=0&D=DOS-2019-0039

Looks to me the comments are mostly in two categories: "This is racist" and "This is stupid and not going to work".

How the hell is it racist???  Against which race does it discriminate unfairly?  That's just schtoopid. 

Now, stupid and not going to work, I can get behind fully...

3 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I recall exactly ZERO lefties (here) who argued against DACA, ever.  Most thought it was a great idea.  Trouble is, it had no legal basis, but no one was willing to call out Obama because he was black.

You may recall some, and rightly so.  My memory of small things tends to wane swiftly.  And at the end of the day, DACAs affect my personal life not at all.  But I am empathetic to their plight.  Tough situation to be in, for sure.  

It's neither here nor there really. We were discussing the current administration's handling of the health insurance rule. Not even sure why  DACA is being discussed except as a deflection.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Please keep up, everything is racist.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

It's neither here nor there really. We were discussing the current administration's handling of the health insurance rule. Not even sure why  DACA is being discussed except as a deflection.

Because the left screams when Trump does anything percieved as wrong, but praised Obama as a great president when he did it.  That's why.  Hypocrisy defined, on a nearly daily basis.

40 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Because the left screams when Trump does anything percieved as wrong, but praised Obama as a great president when he did it.  That's why.  Hypocrisy defined, on a nearly daily basis.

The right (including yourself) screamed at Obama, but has nothing to say about Trump doing it. If you are looking for someone to call out for hypocrisy, may I suggest you find a mirror. 

8 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

The right (including yourself) screamed at Obama, but has nothing to say about Trump doing it. If you are looking for someone to call out for hypocrisy, may I suggest you find a mirror. 

Your opinion.  Wrong, but yours.

ETA: in this case, two wrongs puts things back the way they were. 

Edited by ALFKAD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

There was never a insurance requirement before. It's not how things were. Trump made it up.

Isn’t this part of the public charge rule?  Congress left it up to the interpretation of the administration’s discretion how to handle that.  DACA on the other hand was never codified by Congress.  Apples and oranges, but but but Trump! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

12 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

There were never DACAs before.  Obama made it up.  We can do this all day, my friend.

We can, but only one of us seems to be interested in discussing the topic. Again, we are not talking about DACA. YOU said Trump put things back the way they were. He did not. He added a requirement for health insurance.

10 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Isn’t this part of the public charge rule?  Congress left it up to the interpretation of the administration’s discretion how to handle that.  DACA on the other hand was never codified by Congress.  Apples and oranges, but but but Trump! 

No it isn't. It's health insurance. Public charge has nothing to do with insurance.