USS_Voyager

Lawsuits filed against the insurance rule

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

No Congress should fix it

Until they do, it should be eliminated which is what President Trump did when he rescinded President Obama’s EO with his own EO.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Until they do, it should be eliminated which is what President Trump did when he rescinded President Obama’s EO with his own EO.

Didn't the courts stop or delay that?

I've gotta love this Administration. They just make me laugh. It's actually good for your health. 😂

So apparently, they rolled out a new form yesterday, form DS-5541 which I'll attached down here. There is a grand total of 4 questions. 

If I was filling out this form, I'd love to put "No" on question 2 and "Cash" for question 4, wondering what they'll do. 

All kidding aside, how in world a Consular officer sitting in an office half way across the globe is going to be able to determine whether or not someone will purchase health insurance 30 days after they arrive in the US? 

Immigrant_Health_Insurance_Coverage.pdf

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

It's only wrong if there's a (R) behind the president's name, eh?

No, as I said I think Obama was wrong in issuing DACA. That stuff was non-sense. He should have given those kids actual green cards so they can apply for citizenship in 5 years like everyone else (should he had the power to do that). 

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

I've gotta love this Administration. They just make me laugh. It's actually good for your health. 😂

So apparently, they rolled out a new form yesterday, form DS-5541 which I'll attached down here. There is a grand total of 4 questions. 

If I was filling out this form, I'd love to put "No" on question 2 and "Cash" for question 4, wondering what they'll do. 

All kidding aside, how in world a Consular officer sitting in an office half way across the globe is going to be able to determine whether or not someone will purchase health insurance 30 days after they arrive in the US? 

Immigrant_Health_Insurance_Coverage.pdf 102.3 kB · 5 downloads

You raise a good point.  That's makes about as much sense as setting an illegal free with the promise to appear in court on a certain date.

Filed: Timeline
7 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

No, as I said I think Obama was wrong in issuing DACA. That stuff was non-sense. He should have given those kids actual green cards so they can apply for citizenship in 5 years like everyone else (should he had the power to do that). 

I commend you.  If you lean left, you may be the only one here in CEHST who thinks Obama overstepped.  DACA was wrong, and issuing green cards wasn't a path to USC (still isn't,  sadly).

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

OMB will allow comments on the new form through today. Not sure where to comment.

https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2019-23639

Edit: feedback via these methods

You may submit comments to OMB by the following methods:

•  Email: oira_submission@omb.eop.gov. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
  •  Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State. You may submit comments to the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Visa Office by the following methods:
  • Web: Persons with access to the internet may comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Docket Number: DOS-2019-0039” in the Search field. Then click the “Comment Now” button and complete the comment form.
  •  Email: PRA_BurdenComments@state.gov. You must include Emergency Submission Comment on “information collection title” in the subject line of your message.

You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.

Edit 2: 

Comment Period Closed
Oct 31, 2019 11:59 PM ET

What a load of Bologna..24 hours to comment.

Edited by 90DayFinancier

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

I commend you.  If you lean left, you may be the only one here in CEHST who thinks Obama overstepped. 

Not really, I don't know why it's so hard to understand. Do we prosecute children in the United States? Do you put a 3-year-old in jail if the 3-year-old happen to play with a gun and shoots a bystander in the head? No, do you do not. You put the adult that let the child play with the gun in jail. Why is it different with these kids? 

Seems there is only one obvious answer....

11 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

OMB will allow comments on the new form through today. Not sure where to comment.

Perfect. I'll put my comment in. My comment will be: "What will you do if I answer "No" to question 2 and "Cash" to question 4".

Edited by USS_Voyager

4 minutes ago, 90DayFinancier said:

https://www.federalregister.gov/d/2019-23639

Looks like it closed yesterday. https://www.regulations.gov/docketBrowser?rpp=25&so=DESC&sb=commentDueDate&po=0&D=DOS-2019-0039

6 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

I commend you.  If you lean left, you may be the only one here in CEHST who thinks Obama overstepped.  DACA was wrong, and issuing green cards wasn't a path to USC (still isn't,  sadly).

Not many lefties here but several called out Obama. As you know though,  this is a current events forum. What we actually haven't really seen is anyone who leans right calling out Trump.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Hey, did you guys read some of the comments provided. 100% against this "proclamation" from many individuals and several organization

https://www.regulations.gov/docketBrowser?rpp=25&so=DESC&sb=commentDueDate&po=0&D=DOS-2019-0039

Looks to me the comments are mostly in two categories: "This is racist" and "This is stupid and not going to work".

Edited by USS_Voyager