Bebe1

N-400 November 2019 Filers

1,428 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2019 at 7:41 PM, Bebe1 said:

Case completion time has been updated and is showing as 2 months - 01/2020 to be exact (*mind blowing considering longer processing time trends i have been following on here*). Waiting on physical biometrics notice.

Whaaaat? 😲

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone I will file for my N400 based on five years . I am divorced since March 2019. Do I need immigration lawyer, how to translate my divorce paper. My x divorced me in Egypt and we both are Egyptian but he is a US citizen, do I need to submit my income tax return ? Is it easy to fill n400 on line without a lawyer ?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Malak1 said:

Hi everyone I will file for my N400 based on five years . I am divorced since March 2019. Do I need immigration lawyer, how to translate my divorce paper. My x divorced me in Egypt and we both are Egyptian but he is a US citizen, do I need to submit my income tax return ? Is it easy to fill n400 on line without a lawyer ?

Either find a certified translator or (not sure if USCIS still accepts this) translate yourself and put and look on VJ for a self-translated “certification” that you add on the certification document).

With the online filling, I don’t think you need a lawyer if you’ve been a LPR for 5+ years. Honestly it was much easier than the paperwork.

and yes you I would still do tax returns to show that you file taxes.

Edited by Cécy

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

14 minutes ago, Cécy said:

Either find a certified translator or (not sure if USCIS still accepts this) translate yourself and put and look on VJ for a self-translated “certification” that you add on the certification document).

With the online filling, I don’t think you need a lawyer if you’ve been a LPR for 5+ years. Honestly it was much easier than the paperwork.

Thanks for the reply , does anyone know where to translate it? I also would like to know how to submit my 5 years tax returns , I haven’t filed my 2019 tax yet cause I haven’t received my W2 from my employers, my son hasn’t filed for tax return because  he didn’t make enough money so he was exempted , he is a full time student, should I request any proof of  tax return exempt for him from IRS? Is getting tax credit from market place health insurance considered a  public charge ? 

Edited by Malak1

12 minutes ago, Cécy said:

On Jan 30 th I will be LPR for 5 years , can I file 90 days earlier 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, Malak1 said:

You can,  but I would do more like 88 days to be on the safe side if filling online.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

15 minutes ago, Cécy said:

You can,  but I would do more like 88 days to be on the safe side if filling online.

Cecy since you have more knowledge then me I have a question I will be LPR in March 30 if I file 90days earlier that means on Dec 30th,( and I am going for vacation on 31dec - Jan 7th )

is there any chance that maybe they will schedule me a bio metrics wile I am on my vacation?

08/19/2020 - Interview 

4 hours ago, Malak1 said:

From $725 to $1170 and it may be effective on December 2nd. 

Wooow great and I have meeting wit my attorney on Dec 2nd 😕

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
6 hours ago, Malak1 said:

Yes, wait a day or two to be safe, especially with online filing. Otherwise you should be ready to go.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

1 minute ago, Deagle said:

Yes, wait a day or two to be safe, especially with online filing. Otherwise you should be ready to go.

2 minutes ago, Deagle said:

And what about paper filing? My attorney will do it.

08/19/2020 - Interview 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Malak1 said:

While you are filling out the N400 petition online, you will be asked if you were married now or before. You will answer yes to married, list the information of your ex husband and date of the marriage ended and how (divorce, annulment). Last step of filling the application will require you to upload a copy of the divorce decree. You can have it translated from Arabic to English and notarized. The Egyptian embassy might have this kind of service.

I am in the same situation as you but I got divorced in the US so I didn't need to translate. 

Edited by Deagle

Timeline
23 hours ago, Giovanna024 said:

Whaaaat? 😲

Mine is showing the same but I doubt that this is true. I am still waiting for interview date to be scheduled LOL.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.