Seowmi

IR2 passport

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

will i wait for the green card to arrive or i can use the stamp in his passport to apply for the passport ? thanks guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Seowmi said:

will i wait for the green card to arrive or i can use the stamp in his passport to apply for the passport ? thanks guys

What will you use to prove he's been residing in the US?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is  a good question. Can i use my citizenship certificate and the stamp in his passport to help obtain a US passport?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Seowmi said:

That is  a good question. Can i use my citizenship certificate and the stamp in his passport to help obtain a US passport?

Help? Yes. You'll still need to show he's residing in the US, probably by signing him up for school.

27 minutes ago, Seowmi said:

The stamp will be enough to prove his permanent residency status, but not enough to prove that he is "residing or have resided" in the US. Read what I posted again:

"Mere entry into the United States or a temporary visit - even if on an immigrant visa - does not meet INA Section 320’s requirement that the child be "residing in the United States." Determining whether a child is residing/has resided in the United States typically rests on an analysis of both the character and the duration of the stay. A parent may be required to provide supporting evidence regarding a child’s stay in the United States in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent(s) in support of the child’s passport application."

48 minutes ago, Mollie09 said:

Help? Yes. You'll still need to show he's residing in the US, probably by signing him up for school.

Agree, school enrollment, doctor records etc are probably best ways to show residence.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am currently petitioning for my stepdaughter.  She will be eligible for citizenship under the children's act upon arrival due to her father's recent naturalization.  In my research of a US Passport for her, I found that the non-applying parent (in our case her mom who lives in Jamaica) will need to fill out US Department of State form DS-3053. @geowrian and others that are more versed in immigration processes, please correct me if I am wrong. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
25 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

father's recent naturalization

That the form the father need to fill out to get the  U.S PP for the child, not the mother from Jamaica. You only need to get authorize from the mother agree for her child immigrate to U.S( this document will need at the interview).

Timeline
18 minutes ago, H&T said:

That the form the father need to fill out to get the  U.S PP for the child, not the mother from Jamaica. You only need to get authorize from the mother agree for her child immigrate to U.S( this document will need at the interview).

Not sure what you're trying to say, but any minor applying for a US passport will need consent from both parents.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, H&T said:

The form says "I (non-applying parent) authorize (person applying for minor's passport) to apply for a US passport..." This tells me the mom needs to fill out the form.

23 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

The form says "I (non-applying parent) authorize (person applying for minor's passport) to apply for a US passport..." This tells me the mom needs to fill out the form.

Yes. The normal procedure is for both parents to accompany a minor child to apply for a passport. They will check ID of both parents against the birth certificate of the child. 

In case one parent cannot attend, they need to fill out that form consenting for the child to get a passport. 

I had to do that recently to apply for a passport for my daughter because my wife couldn't take off work. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, USS_Voyager said:

Yes. The normal procedure is for both parents to accompany a minor child to apply for a passport. They will check ID of both parents against the birth certificate of the child. 

In case one parent cannot attend, they need to fill out that form consenting for the child to get a passport. 

I had to do that recently to apply for a passport for my daughter because my wife couldn't take off work. 

Thank you so much for confirming this!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, HRQX said:

They would need the mother's consent: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/under-16.html "Show parental consent"

Right but the mother must fill out the form.  Here is info from the link you shared that says this.

INFO FROM ABOVE LINK

If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent." You must submit the completed form with the child's passport application. The parent that cannot go with the child must:

• Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public, and
  • Submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID that they present to the notary public with Form DS-3053.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.