nkshaf

NVC Notification Letter

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello All - I received an email today from the NVC with my case number that read as follows:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Does this mean that it has now left the NVC?  I'm confused because this is the first letter I have received since the NOA2 was issued on 9/18  and I was under the impression that I would be notified of my case number then notified again when it was leaving the NVC for the consulate.  Based on other timelines this feels like it should be the notice that it has left the NVC. Any guidance would be helpful?

Natalie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, nkshaf said:

Hello All - I received an email today from the NVC with my case number that read as follows:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiancé (e)’s/spouse’s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will now forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in London, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. Please note that the transfer process can take several weeks. The U.S. Embassy or Consulate will contact your fiancé (e)/spouse when they are ready to process his or her petition.

Does this mean that it has now left the NVC?  I'm confused because this is the first letter I have received since the NOA2 was issued on 9/18  and I was under the impression that I would be notified of my case number then notified again when it was leaving the NVC for the consulate.  Based on other timelines this feels like it should be the notice that it has left the NVC. Any guidance would be helpful?

Natalie

Yes, that’s the notice that it’s left NVC. They don’t notify you when it’s received. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Yes, that’s the notice that it’s left NVC. They don’t notify you when it’s received. 

Thank you! I was looking for the received date to fill out my timeline but I couldn't find it anywhere and was convinced we had binned the email by accident.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Thank you so much! We were worried that it took an extra long time just to be received!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, sassenach15 said:

Thank you! I was looking for the received date to fill out my timeline but I couldn't find it anywhere and was convinced we had binned the email by accident.

The timeline was set up over a decade ago when processes were entirely different, all on paper, no emails, no online submissions. Your timeline experience may not exactly fit what happens today. And others who fill in their timeline may or may not be going by the same assumptions as you on what to put where. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 hours ago, nkshaf said:

Natalie

Did you receive a letter or an email? Or both? We are waiting to hear from the NVC, NOA2 was september 30th. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

Did you receive a letter or an email? Or both? We are waiting to hear from the NVC, NOA2 was september 30th. 

It's either, not both.  If NVC has your email,  you get an email.   If they don't,  then you get it by post.  

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
28 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It's either, not both.  If NVC has your email,  you get an email.   If they don't,  then you get it by post.  

Thank you. In that case we'll be waiting for a letter 😉

Timeline
On 10/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, nkshaf said:

Natalie

What was the email address for the email you received? just so i know what to look for and can make sure it doesnt go to spam

Timeline
7 minutes ago, sassenach15 said:

What was the email address for the email you received? just so i know what to look for and can make sure it doesnt go to spam

It was from NVC-do-not-reply@state.gov

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.