46 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dedede75 said:

I don't know where to start. 

My so called husband got denied for removal of conditions. He moved to another city with another woman. But on top of that he a criminal felony charge on a Amtrak train he got caught 55 pounds of marijuana.. He has had 2 outside kids through our marriage. He just had a stroke three days ago and just found out he has missed 3 courts dates and was supposed to deported

32 minutes ago, Dedede75 said:

My so called husband got denied for removal of conditions. He moved to another city with another woman. But on top of that he a criminal felony charge on a Amtrak train he got caught 55 pounds of marijuana.. He has had 2 outside kids through our marriage. He just had a stroke three days ago and just found out he has missed 3 courts dates and was supposed to deported

All of that sounds terrible.  Do you have a specific question?

Just now, Jorgedig said:

All of that sounds terrible.  Do you have a specific question?

Yes will be held accountable for him fleeing. Also with that kind of charge is that automatic deportation. 

Just now, Dedede75 said:

Yes will be held accountable for him fleeing. Also with that kind of charge is that automatic deportation. 

I meant will I be held accountable.

2 minutes ago, Dedede75 said:

If you mean will you be held accountable, then no.  

Ok I didn't know he was fleeing until he was just hospitalized.

Just now, Dedede75 said:

Ok I didn't know he was fleeing until he was just hospitalized.

You're not responsible for his actions.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

If you mean will you be held accountable, then no.  

Ok also would him just having a stroke or kids with that charge. Will they look at that

Ok also would him just having a stroke or kids with that charge. Will they look at that

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.  But having a stroke or kids will not impact the charges brought for crimes.

Just now, Jorgedig said:

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.  But having a stroke or kids will not impact the charges brought for crimes.

Ok 

Just now, Jorgedig said:

One last question should I have report to immigration.

Just now, Dedede75 said:

Should I have reported the crime

Should I have reported the crime

Which crime?  The 55 lbs of marijuana?  Surely the police already know about that?

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Which crime?  The 55 lbs of marijuana?  Surely the police already know about that?

I was asking should I have reported it to immigration. I sure that is why he has missed three court dates because he has to be fingerprint him and it will pop up

I was asking should I have reported it to immigration. I sure that is why he has missed three court dates because he has to be fingerprint him and it will pop up

Ah, I see.  Honestly I am not sure how the various immigration agencies interface with law enforcement.  I'll defer to someone else who may know, such as @geowrian, @aaron2020 or @Boiler.

Just now, Jorgedig said:

Ah, I see.  Honestly I am not sure how the various immigration agencies interface with law enforcement.  I'll defer to someone else who may know, such as @geowrian, @aaron2020 or @Boiler.

Thanks so much for all your helpbecause I am completely lost

I can't say exactly what they will see, but his time will come as a result of all this. Controlled substance trafficking, missing court dates - probably with a warrant by now, etc. are going to make him inadmissible and subject to deportation. I can't say how that will end (he'll need a good lawyer), but it's nothing the OP is involved in.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.