Permagc

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS WITH DIVORCE WAIVER !

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone ,

has anyone filed removal of conditions with divorce waivers? Please indicate below. I have questions . 

I have been separated from my USC husband for 10 months now,  my Gc expires September 2020, I’m not sure whether to file a divorce now or wait until next year. 

Also can you share what documents you submitted  while filing ? I don’t have taxes and joint bank account for this year. Filed married separately 

The sooner you get the divorce started, the sooner you'll have the divorce decree. The sooner you have the decree, the sooner you can file for ROC instead of the 90 day window. 

Obtaining the decree can take just as long as waiting for your ROC if your spouse won't cooperate in court.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Permagc said:

Hi everyone ,

has anyone filed removal of conditions with divorce waivers? Please indicate below. I have questions . 

I have been separated from my USC husband for 10 months now,  my Gc expires September 2020, I’m not sure whether to file a divorce now or wait until next year. 

Also can you share what documents you submitted  while filing ? I don’t have taxes and joint bank account for this year. Filed married separately 

A quick scan of the last ten (10) pages of this forum's pages reveals at least a half dozen threads about ROC and/associated divorce, many of them with multiple responses. So yes, in response to your first question, other people have filed for ROC with divorce waivers. There are even some with protective orders. It is not an uncommon occurrence.  Consider reviewing some of those similarly-themed postings in order to likely get some good information on this particular situation.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

23 hours ago, Happymallymute said:

The sooner you get the divorce started, the sooner you'll have the divorce decree. The sooner you have the decree, the sooner you can file for ROC instead of the 90 day window. 

Obtaining the decree can take just as long as waiting for your ROC if your spouse won't cooperate in court.

Did you use a lawyer to file your i751? Or your did it yourself?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.