31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone. I submitted the DS260, AOS and supporting docs on 10/22 and 10/23 respectively. To my pleasant surprise, two days later on10/25,  I received notice that the documents have been accepted and as such, we are now pending an interview date. Can anyone who is going thru or passed thru this step advise on how long it took them to receive an interview date? I'm praying it's soon. Thanks, folks!

Timeline

It was about 6-7 weeks for us after submitting our ds-260 to our interview date. There are some steps in between. I think you will need to pick up an interview packet at the embassy that lets you know about setting a medical appointment, getting your police certificates the and setting the visa interview. You will set your appointment through ustraveldocs.com. We had to wait a while until there were appointments available on the site.

It was two years ago for us, so obviously waiting times or the process could have changed some.

Edited by D-R-J

Timeline
23 minutes ago, D-R-J said:

It was about 6-7 weeks for us after submitting our ds-260 to our interview date. There are some steps in between. I think you will need to pick up an interview packet at the embassy that lets you know about setting a medical appointment, getting your police certificates the and setting the visa interview. You will set your appointment through ustraveldocs.com. We had to wait a while until there were appointments available on the site.

It was two years ago for us, so obviously waiting times or the process could have changed some.

I see. 6-7 weeks wasn't bad at all. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice feedback!

Edited by AA-A

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Adwoa and Akua said:

Good news you are documentary qualified now..they will normally assign an interview date for you about 6 weeks.

Indeed..I'm so relieved. 6 weeks, eh? Not too bad. I'll be patiently waiting. Thank you! 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Adwoa and Akua said:

Good news you are documentary qualified now..they will normally assign an interview date for you about 6 weeks.

I'm curious to know: how long after u submitted the documents did you receive the "document qualified" notice?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 hours ago, AA-A said:

I'm curious to know: how long after u submitted the documents did you receive the "document qualified" notice?

You have to check the website for current case review timeline..they are at 12 Sept now..so you will hear from them soon...

Edited by Adwoa and Akua

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ramseyer Dida said:

I am on the same level . i have been waiting for interview date for 2 months now

Oh wow...2 months?! Hope you hear back from them soon.

Timeline
On 10/27/2019 at 8:27 AM, AA-A said:

Hi everyone. I submitted the DS260, AOS and supporting docs on 10/22 and 10/23 respectively. To my pleasant surprise, two days later on10/25,  I received notice that the documents have been accepted and as such, we are now pending an interview date. Can anyone who is going thru or passed thru this step advise on how long it took them to receive an interview date? I'm praying it's soon. Thanks, folks!

It took 6 weeks for me to be scheduled so unless ghana becomes backlogged it shld take 6-7weeks

Timeline
5 hours ago, Mrs Oduro said:

It took 6 weeks for me to be scheduled so unless ghana becomes backlogged it shld take 6-7weeks

It seems 6 to 7 weeks is the standard. Thanks so much for the feedback! How long after submitting your docs to the nvc did it take to hear back concerning the documentarily qualified status?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.