17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello

well me and my fiance decided to get marry in Tunisia and go through the CR1 visa process but i just read the VJ CR1 guidelines but i dodnt understand what must we do for in every steps nothing is clear for me 

I ask for help for anyone is going through the cr1 too !!

Edited by Transcom123

23 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Hello

well me and my fiance decided to get marry in Tunisia and go through the CR1 visa process but i just read the VJ CR1 guidelines but i dodnt understand what must we do for in every steps nothing is clear for me 

I ask for help for anyone is going through the cr1 too !!

Take time to read, research and study the process first then gather all needed papers and review again before you file. It’s important that you understand the whole process before taking your first step. It may look difficult at first but it’s not so bad at all. the hardest part is the waiting time. Everything’s on the uscis website. Good luck

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tsh said:

Take time to read, research and study the process first then gather all needed papers and review again before you file. It’s important that you understand the whole process before taking your first step. It may look difficult at first but it’s not so bad at all. the hardest part is the waiting time. Everything’s on the uscis website. Good luck

Thanks alot whishing us luck , so you suggest us to follow the USCIS website process ? well my whole worry is about what evidence we need to approve ...... waiting is not our problem we waited 4 years for our first facetime ...

5 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Thanks alot whishing us luck , so you suggest us to follow the USCIS website process ? well my whole worry is about what evidence we need to approve ...... waiting is not our problem we waited 4 years for our first facetime ...

Definitely! The USCIS website is where you should get all the instructions and forms from for your application. But you need to understand it better by doing some more research. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Tsh said:

Definitely! The USCIS website is where you should get all the instructions and forms from for your application. But you need to understand it better by doing some more research. 

I will see what i can do its more complicate than the k1 process

Timeline
Just now, Tsh said:

CR1 is much better than K1. K1 is just faster but u will still deal with more papers and fees after. 

Yes we saw each other and lived for  one month together getting an engagement too and we decided to marry in 6 months from now 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Transcom123 said:

Yes we saw each other and lived for  one month together getting an engagement too and we decided to marry in 6 months from now 

Tunisia can be challenging for approvals, especially if you only met in person one time, then got married on the second time you are together.  You'll need lots of good evidence of time spent together in person--boarding passes, passport stamps, a few photos, hotel receipts, and also evidence of co-mingling of finances--joint credit card statements, documents showing one spouse as beneficiary on the the other's life insurance, retirement plans, will, living will, health insurance coverage in the US, etc., basically front-load as much evidence as you can with the I-130 petition and required civil documents such as the marriage certificate.  Do lots of research on VJ about similar CR-1 application posts from Tunisia and Northern Africa countries to see what evidence you will need.  Most of the time the problems we see here on Visa Journey with that part of the world, are either not enough evidence to show many visits in person, or extended background checks that can take many months and delay the process.  My husband (Brazilian) and I went through the CR-1 process recently, and sent evidence of four in-person visits with the I-130, then sent evidence of five more in-person visits at the NVC stage of the process.  Time spent together is the key to success.  Good luck! 

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
2 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Tunisia can be challenging for approvals, especially if you only met in person one time, then got married on the second time you are together.  You'll need lots of good evidence of time spent together in person--boarding passes, passport stamps, a few photos, hotel receipts, and also evidence of co-mingling of finances--joint credit card statements, documents showing one spouse as beneficiary on the the other's life insurance, retirement plans, will, living will, etc., basically front-load as much evidence as you can with the I-130 petition and required civil documents such as the marriage certificate.  Do lots of research on VJ about similar CR-1 application posts from Tunisia and Northern Africa countries to see what evidence you will need.  Most of the time the problems we see here on Visa Journey with that part of the world, are either not enough evidence to show many visits in person, and extended background checks that can take many months and delay the process.  My husband (Brazilian) and I went through the CR-1 process, and had evidence of four in-person visits with the I-130, then sent evidence of five more in-person visits at the NVC stage of the process.  Time spent together is the key to success.  Good luck! 

Thanks alot for you answer .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Start getting married, enjoy your honey moon get a lot of evidence and then worry about immigration.🙂

Make the focus on your marriage with immigration as a sideshow, not the focus on immigration with your marriage in the background. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

when the USC writes the letter of how you met,  make sure you have documents (printed out logs of chats or whatever) to backup that proof

the African embassy are now asking for chats as far back as 2012 and 2013 to make the people actually prove they have talked and known the person as long as they claim.

keep the letter of how you started talking and met in person short and be ready to prove it

for your photos of the marriage cerebration,  make sure there are some of the USC and your family especially your mom,  noted very important the mom approves

BTW  2019 is almost over but if the USC could find a way to marry this year,  it would help as they could claim you on 2019 tax returns to show commingling of finances

if marrying in 6 months as you think,  she can add you to 2020 tax returns / you would interview in 2021

Timeline

You need pictures from your weddings , also make sure these pictures has both family in it , if there is emails or letters between both of you , in Tunisia you need to send Madhmoun Zawag with translation , finally a copy of the Visa for the petitioner when he or she entered Tunisia and where did you stay if a Hotel send the reservation receipt, all the best mate 

Timeline
19 hours ago, FaithProfessoR said:

Start getting married, enjoy your honey moon get a lot of evidence and then worry about immigration.🙂

Thanks for yr answer , its a sideshow for us  , here or there  we are going to live together as one 

18 hours ago, JFH said:

Make the focus on your marriage with immigration as a sideshow, not the focus on immigration with your marriage in the background. 

Thanks for yr answer , its a sideshow for us  , here or there  we are going to live together as one 

Timeline
15 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

when the USC writes the letter of how you met,  make sure you have documents (printed out logs of chats or whatever) to backup that proof

the African embassy are now asking for chats as far back as 2012 and 2013 to make the people actually prove they have talked and known the person as long as they claim.

keep the letter of how you started talking and met in person short and be ready to prove it

for your photos of the marriage cerebration,  make sure there are some of the USC and your family especially your mom,  noted very important the mom approves

BTW  2019 is almost over but if the USC could find a way to marry this year,  it would help as they could claim you on 2019 tax returns to show commingling of finances

if marrying in 6 months as you think,  she can add you to 2020 tax returns / you would interview in 2021

Yes sir , we have all of this chat logs since the first day we met and the photos with my family , more pics with my mom , and we are going to marry on April 2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.