B&Gloria

Afadavit of Support - Another sponsor?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello,

I have the entire packet ready to send to the USCIS but I just checked my tax return and it shows that I made $20,500 USD in the US last year. I then checked 125% of the poverty level and it shows that the minimum is $21,500. What should I do? I'm a bit stressed now. I have around 5k in my savings. 

My mom makes $85k a year but is already a sponsor for her husband who is now a US Citizen (did a K1 as well and went through the whole process). Could she just sponsor my wife? co-sponsor? 

Also, my next problem is that I just have my 2018 and 2017 tax return. 2016 I was living with my mom and didn't work (traveling). I checked the box that I don't have the 3 last years tax returns...but left an explanation that I didn't work in 2016.

Any advice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

UPDATE: I re-checked my 1040. I am self employed and own an LLC. On Line 6 (Total Income) it says $22,350. 

The 125% above poverty income requirement is at $21,138 for 2 people (me and my wife). This seems to be my minimum.

I think I might be fine but I just need to figure out if this is the right number. The other option is line number 7 which says "Adjusted gross income) which is $20,700. If this is what I need to put down then I'm in hot water.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, B&Gloria said:

Hello,

I have the entire packet ready to send to the USCIS but I just checked my tax return and it shows that I made $20,500 USD in the US last year. I then checked 125% of the poverty level and it shows that the minimum is $21,500. What should I do? I'm a bit stressed now. I have around 5k in my savings. 

My mom makes $85k a year but is already a sponsor for her husband who is now a US Citizen (did a K1 as well and went through the whole process). Could she just sponsor my wife? co-sponsor? 

Also, my next problem is that I just have my 2018 and 2017 tax return. 2016 I was living with my mom and didn't work (traveling). I checked the box that I don't have the 3 last years tax returns...but left an explanation that I didn't work in 2016.

Any advice?

Since her husband is now a USC,  she is no longer a sponsor as her obligation ceased the day he took the oath 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.