Voice of Reason

Hillary Clinton is the one that got away. But isn’t going away.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Isn’t she trying to make some more money with some sort of self-serving book?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

It was

a. Sexism

b. Russian Interference

c. Voter suppression 

d. James Comey

e. The electoral college

f. Bernie Sanders 

g. The media

h. uninformed voters 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

She doesn't have to go away. The main thing is that she (and her supporters) realize she is currently too unpopular to even think of running for office again. As long as that is the case, all is well, really. 

Are you sure about that.  Folks like her have a tremendous ego which sometimes blinds them to reality.

7 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Are you sure about that.  Folks like her have a tremendous ego which sometimes blinds them to reality.

I'm not sure. I actually wrote hopefully she realizes the first time, then I edited it for some reason. That might have been a more appropriate way to say it though. I hope she realizes it's time to get away from the political side of things. She can't help the Democrats right now. 

If she wants to self promote herself though, I'm OK with that. It's a free country. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

28 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I'm not sure. I actually wrote hopefully she realizes the first time, then I edited it for some reason. That might have been a more appropriate way to say it though. I hope she realizes it's time to get away from the political side of things. She can't help the Democrats right now. 

If she wants to self promote herself though, I'm OK with that. It's a free country. 

Every time she farts people think it's a pronouncement that she's running again. Really, her just existing in the world makes some people think she's printing up Hillary 2020 bumper stickers. It's not happening this cycle and it won't happen in the next one. She's 70-whatever and she looks genuinely happy not to be an elected official anymore. (Also I not so secretly love that she has a ####-it wardrobe of kaftans these days.)

Ask most women -- there's always some idiot in her past who can't stop thinking about her and wondering if she might just come back, even if the relationship ended really badly, even if it's the last thing he wants (he says -- he might just want her around to remind himself of how terrible she was).

Edited by laylalex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 hours ago, laylalex said:

Every time she farts people think it's a pronouncement that she's running again. Really, her just existing in the world makes some people think she's printing up Hillary 2020 bumper stickers. It's not happening this cycle and it won't happen in the next one. She's 70-whatever and she looks genuinely happy not to be an elected official anymore. (Also I not so secretly love that she has a ####-it wardrobe of kaftans these days.)

Ask most women -- there's always some idiot in her past who can't stop thinking about her and wondering if she might just come back, even if the relationship ended really badly, even if it's the last thing he wants (he says -- he might just want her around to remind himself of how terrible she was).

hillary-clinton-email-leak-scandal-fbi-r

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have to say I'm pretty triggered by that, @Boiler. Shame on you. :P 

By the way, not sure if your Google Alert on Berkeley power pinged but parts of Berkeley are getting their power shut off by PG&E on Wednesday and Thursday, but (1) I'm not affected where I live and (2) I'm flying to London on Wednesday night, so don't worry too much about me. (SFO not affected.) :) 

Timeline
9 hours ago, laylalex said:

By the way, not sure if your Google Alert on Berkeley power pinged but parts of Berkeley are getting their power shut off by PG&E on Wednesday and Thursday, but (1) I'm not affected where I live and (2) I'm flying to London on Wednesday night, so don't worry too much about me. (SFO not affected.) :) 

Thanks for the update.

👌

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
10 hours ago, laylalex said:

Apparently, PG&E doesn't want to burn down another CA town with their equipment during the Santa Ana winds.  I thought electricity was so safe and clean.  Too bad for those poor souls that are impacted, I wonder if they will be allowed to use their natural gas, or gasoline generators?

Edited by Bill & Katya

13 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Apparently, PG&E doesn't want to burn down another CA town with their equipment during the Santa Ana winds.  I thought electricity was so safe and clean.  Too bad for those poor souls that are impacted, I wonder if they will be allowed to use their natural gas, or gasoline generators?

I know the Oakland Zoo will be running their generators, so I'm guessing probably? It's really the worry about power lines sparking, rather than individual or commercial users getting power at their homes/businesses. Also, these are Diablo winds, not the Santa Anas. :) 

Even though the map says I won't be affected, I made sure to finish all my laundry tonight so I'm not stuck bringing a bunch of dirty clothes with me if we do lose power, although it would be a fantastic opportunity to go shopping instead! Unfortunately none of the places I'll be visiting have decent shopping options so it will probably be moot. 

Timeline

Just need ice for the fizzy wine.

31 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Just need ice for the fizzy wine.

Oh, I finished the last bottle of that up last night. Red wine tonight, nothing fancy, just a bottle of Apothic someone brought to a s'mores night I had this past summer than never got opened. Figured I might as well open it up. I'm sort of working up my tolerance right now since I'm about to spend nearly 2 weeks in the UK and it seems like everyone is constantly drinking over there.