Joe98

Letter of intent (merged topics)

8 posts in this topic

I haven't done this yet, but on the letter of intent do you have to include your address and the address of the USCIS on the letter or can you just write down what you need to say and then sign it? I will just hand write it and I will have my fiancee do the same thing instead of trying to type it out. I just don't think it's necessary to put the USCIS address on the letter if the address will be on the package anyway. But I don't know for sure so I'm hoping to get some advice on this. I also need to do a declaration of how we met and I hope I can do the same with that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Joe98 said:

I haven't done this yet, but on the letter of intent do you have to include your address and the address of the USCIS on the letter or can you just write down what you need to say and then sign it? I will just hand write it and I will have my fiancee do the same thing instead of trying to type it out. I just don't think it's necessary to put the USCIS address on the letter if the address will be on the package anyway. But I don't know for sure so I'm hoping to get some advice on this. I also need to do a declaration of how we met and I hope I can do the same with that.

It is a  statement of intent and does not need to be in letter format 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked about this before but I have a specific question about the letter of intent for the k1 visa process. I understand that both myself, the US petitioner, and the beneficiary, the filipina fiancée in the Philippines, need to do a letter of intent to marry. I have been told that this can be hand written instead of typed and both letters have to be signed. My question is do we have to include our address and the address of the uscis address on our letters or do we not have to be concerned about that? Every sample I have looked at includes all addresses of the petitioner and the beneficiary and the uscis address. But I have read where that isn’t necessary. I’m hoping someone who has been through this will give me heads up about this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Joe98 said:

I have asked about this before but I have a specific question about the letter of intent for the k1 visa process. I understand that both myself, the US petitioner, and the beneficiary, the filipina fiancée in the Philippines, need to do a letter of intent to marry. I have been told that this can be hand written instead of typed and both letters have to be signed. My question is do we have to include our address and the address of the uscis address on our letters or do we not have to be concerned about that? Every sample I have looked at includes all addresses of the petitioner and the beneficiary and the uscis address. But I have read where that isn’t necessary. I’m hoping someone who has been through this will give me heads up about this.

It is a statement of intent,  putting in letter format is not required but many people do 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's definitely not required to be in formal business letter format (with full to and from addresses). In fact, the I-129F instructions don't specifically require letters of intent at all; they require evidence of intent to marry. It's just the letters are by far the easiest way to do this.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Posts merged with existing thread, please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.***

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, Joe98 said:

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:19 PM, payxibka said:

It is a statement of intent,  putting in letter format is not required but many people do 

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

It's definitely not required to be in formal business letter format (with full to and from addresses). In fact, the I-129F instructions don't specifically require letters of intent at all; they require evidence of intent to marry. It's just the letters are by far the easiest way to do this.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• Ryan H changed the title to Letter of intent (merged topics)
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/7/2019 at 3:35 PM, Joe98 said:

Here is a sample LOI

And for info on the process in the Philippines, Philippines forum:  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.