Mrs Ryan Carreras

K1 Visa Application- Approved- London

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know this has been answered but I am going to ask again as I can’t find it on the forum. 
My fiancé was approved his Visa Friday in London and I am following our case on the CEAC website after interview; 

What  are the steps the it goes through until we know it is “issued”? 
His was on Friday and is currently on “administration processing” which I know is normal. 
I know processing can take days or years but wondering what steps it takes before we know that the Visa is being sent out and officially approved. 
Thanks 

Sarah 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, designguy said:

Usually after AP it changes to Issued if there is nothing wrong. So just keep checking and it should hopefully update soon

Thank You 😊 🙏 

29 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

I know this has been answered but I am going to ask again as I can’t find it on the forum. 
My fiancé was approved his Visa Friday in London and I am following our case on the CEAC website after interview; 

His was on Friday and is currently on “administration processing” which I know is normal. 
I know processing can take days or years but wondering what steps it takes before we know that the Visa is being sent out and officially approved. 
Thanks 

Sarah 

We were London. We had to submit an extra document after the interview and still had the VISA in about 3 weeks. You should know soon since you were approved at interview as we were not. Ours simply said AP until it went to issued. Congrats on the acceptance! 

Timeline
Just now, SuznAaron said:

Congrats on the acceptance! 

Thank You and Congrats to you as well ! 🎉🎊

Timeline
Just now, USS_Voyager said:

It's not gonna take years if they said approved at the interview. Probably just about 2-3 weeks. 

I understand. Yes they told him 5-7 business days but I know sometimes processing can sometimes hold up the case. 
thanks for your input  😊 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SuznAaron said:

We were London

Is there a reason that it says “non immigrant visa” at the top of it but still under immigrant visa when checking the site? 
that’s a bit confusing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

Thanks 

Sarah 

In London it can bounce back and forth from Ready to AP to Ready again. There is no definite pattern.  It will switch to Non-Immigrant  before Issue. When it says Issued, you know it's a done deal. The courier will email once it had been received and packaged for delivery. Delivery is the day following the email. He should have it Thursday or Friday.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It will switch to Non-Immigrant  before Issue.

It says Non Immigrant Visa now but AP underneath. 
Its only been a day but more curious than anything. 
I knew you answered this for people before but couldn’t find it. 
thank you and I’m going to attempt not to stalk the site to much today. Lol. 
😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

😊

Your visa is processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit in London. It is described on CEAC status as an Immigrant Visa probably for clerical reasons to keep you sorted with the IV Unit's cases. Before it is issued the status changes to reflect Non-immigrant Visa because that's what it is.  It can be any combination of IV, NIV, Ready, or AP. The switch is your indication somebody is working on it. Most visas are in hand in a week, but not always. You may not remember Amanda and Chayne, but they were at Non-Immigrant AP for months for no discernible reason. It is rare.

Edited by Wuozopo

59 minutes ago, Sarah n Ryan said:

😊

Our non immigrant said AP then one day it said issued. As @Wuopozo said it bounces back and forth. Ours may have gone to ready  and we just didnt look that day :) 

Timeline

Visa is now on “ISSUED” on CEAC website. 
Can we celebrate now and make flight plans ? 
Does this mean that it’s being sent now ? 
It says allow 10 working days to get to his home ? 

@Wuozopo

@SuznAaron

@USS_Voyager

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Sarah n Ryan said:

Visa is now on “ISSUED” on CEAC website. 
Can we celebrate now and make flight plans ? 
Does this mean that it’s being sent now ? 
It says allow 10 working days to get to his home ? 

Congrats! The advice is usually not to make any non-refundable plans until the visa is physically back in your hands. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, designguy said:

Congrats! The advice is usually not to make any non-refundable plans until the visa is physically back in your hands. 

Ok. Will wait. Thank You  😊 

But celebrating is ok  👌? 😆

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.