Jump to content
MrJones3

WAIT Time for K-1

33 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

 

Thanks 

If you don't do a proper change of address how are they supposed to get in contact with you, via the attorney, or by magic? Personally, I would bet on magic first. :lol: Check out this USCIS link:

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

 

Welcome to the party. :yes:You win the prize if you think that adjudication times have become extended due to a myriad of issues at the Department of Homeland (In)Security, The prez has ordered ICE and CBP to round up folks by the score, from the undocumented coming over the southern border to illegal egg-farm workers in places like Minnesota, it is called "enhanced enforcement." Additionally, there is an over one (1) million case backlog in cases pending in the immigration court system. Oh and finally, the workload at USCIS has also exponentially increased, resulting in USCIS shifting workloads and files all over the country. So, in a word, USCIS needs :help:


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

If you don't do a proper change of address how are they supposed to get in contact with you, via the attorney, or by magic? Personally, I would bet on magic first. :lol: Check out this USCIS link:

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

 

Welcome to the party. :yes:You win the prize if you think that adjudication times have become extended due to a myriad of issues at the Department of Homeland (In)Security, The prez has ordered ICE and CBP to round up folks by the score, from the undocumented coming over the southern border to illegal egg-farm workers in places like Minnesota, it is called "enhanced enforcement." Additionally, there is an over one (1) million case backlog in cases pending in the immigration court system. Oh and finally, the workload at USCIS has also exponentially increased, resulting in USCIS shifting workloads and files all over the country. So, in a word, USCIS needs :help:

That’s why I have an attorney,  so they can get in touch with him if they can’t reach me.  I’m looking for average wait times now nothing more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

 

Thanks 

No, that is not normal.  There is something wrong.  Recent petition approval wait times are even faster than last year, with many being approved less than 4 months.  Have you really let it get to over a year before looking into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

 

Thanks 

Not updating your address is an issue as correspondence from USCIS can not be forwarded.   Call USCIS

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not updating your address is an issue as correspondence from USCIS can not be forwarded.   Call USCIS

 

 

Thank you!   Also is there an bigger delay in approvals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrJones3 said:

Thank you!   Also is there an bigger delay in approvals?

Change of address does not affect the "approval timeline".

 

Thing is .. you may have been approved months ago and not know it.

 

 


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Change of address does not affect the "approval timeline".

 

Thing is .. you may have been approved months ago and not know it.

 

 

Yeah that’s what I’m wondering.  Damn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrJones3 said:

No. I filed it through an attorney so I usually just call him

I don't care if you used an,attorney,   you never received a case number?  


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

I don't care if you used an,attorney,   you never received a case number?  

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

Just now, MrJones3 said:

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

And I moved the exact time the letter was mailed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

And I moved the exact time the letter was mailed 

Dude.  You need to own your process.  No attorney can be paid enough to care about it the way you should.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

And I moved the exact time the letter was mailed 

Petition is probably on station in Bogota and expired


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

Petition is probably on station in Bogota and expired

Which means what exactly?  Why wouldn’t they contact my attorney? Makes no sense 

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Dude.  You need to own your process.  No attorney can be paid enough to care about it the way you should.  

Thanks for that. I plan on doing just that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...