MrJones3

WAIT Time for K-1

33 posts in this topic

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

Thanks 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
34 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

i filed a K-1 visa for my fiancé who lives in bogota Colombia in August of 2018.  I live in America.  Have the wait times been extended because of the immigration issues? We are still waiting and I have an attorney who sent it and filed it.  Also I moved last October and forgot to update my address, do you think that has something to do with it ? 

Thanks 

If you don't do a proper change of address how are they supposed to get in contact with you, via the attorney, or by magic? Personally, I would bet on magic first. :lol: Check out this USCIS link:

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Welcome to the party. :yes:You win the prize if you think that adjudication times have become extended due to a myriad of issues at the Department of Homeland (In)Security, The prez has ordered ICE and CBP to round up folks by the score, from the undocumented coming over the southern border to illegal egg-farm workers in places like Minnesota, it is called "enhanced enforcement." Additionally, there is an over one (1) million case backlog in cases pending in the immigration court system. Oh and finally, the workload at USCIS has also exponentially increased, resulting in USCIS shifting workloads and files all over the country. So, in a word, USCIS needs :help:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

42 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

If you don't do a proper change of address how are they supposed to get in contact with you, via the attorney, or by magic? Personally, I would bet on magic first. :lol: Check out this USCIS link:

https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

Welcome to the party. :yes:You win the prize if you think that adjudication times have become extended due to a myriad of issues at the Department of Homeland (In)Security, The prez has ordered ICE and CBP to round up folks by the score, from the undocumented coming over the southern border to illegal egg-farm workers in places like Minnesota, it is called "enhanced enforcement." Additionally, there is an over one (1) million case backlog in cases pending in the immigration court system. Oh and finally, the workload at USCIS has also exponentially increased, resulting in USCIS shifting workloads and files all over the country. So, in a word, USCIS needs :help:

That’s why I have an attorney,  so they can get in touch with him if they can’t reach me.  I’m looking for average wait times now nothing more 

2 hours ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

Thanks 

No, that is not normal.  There is something wrong.  Recent petition approval wait times are even faster than last year, with many being approved less than 4 months.  Have you really let it get to over a year before looking into it?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, MrJones3 said:

Hello all

Thanks 

Not updating your address is an issue as correspondence from USCIS can not be forwarded.   Call USCIS

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, MrJones3 said:

Thank you!   Also is there an bigger delay in approvals?

Change of address does not affect the "approval timeline".

Thing is .. you may have been approved months ago and not know it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

Yeah that’s what I’m wondering.  Damn

Do you track your case on the  uscis website 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, MrJones3 said:

No. I filed it through an attorney so I usually just call him

I don't care if you used an,attorney,   you never received a case number?  

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

I don't care if you used an,attorney,   you never received a case number?  

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

Just now, MrJones3 said:

No.  He said I would have gotten a letter from UCSIS with it.  I just recently asked him for a copy 

And I moved the exact time the letter was mailed 

3 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

Dude.  You need to own your process.  No attorney can be paid enough to care about it the way you should.  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MrJones3 said:

Petition is probably on station in Bogota and expired

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

Petition is probably on station in Bogota and expired

Which means what exactly?  Why wouldn’t they contact my attorney? Makes no sense 

2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Dude.  You need to own your process.  No attorney can be paid enough to care about it the way you should.  

Thanks for that. I plan on doing just that 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.