laylalex

A 24-Year-Old Was Shamed By A Potential Employer For Her Bikini Photos On Instagram

48 posts in this topic

Clow said she was shocked when she saw her photo on the company's Instagram story and wasn't sure at first how to react.

"I felt like I was being objectified," she said. "She basically said, 'Hey, you can't post anything outside of work of you wearing a bikini,' which most girls wear at pools. Like, I don’t think anyone wears sweatpants to the pool or anything."

She asked the company to take down the post three times, Clow said, once via email and twice through Instagram messages. After her third try, the company blocked her on the social media platform.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/skbaer/bikini-photo-shaming-employer-instagram

I will NOT post a pic because... family friendliness of bikini pic in question. But I think there is a good point to be made -- is it unrealistic for a woman not to wear a bikini at the pool? Can she never post a pic of herself ever on any of her personal social media accounts that doesn't have her in something "appropriate"? I mean, I have deleted almost all of my old social media accounts, and I understand the dangers of oversharing, but here, I think the company went too far. It's one thing not to hire her because of the postings, but another TOTALLY for taking her pictures and posting them on their own account as an example of "what not to do," especially after she told them to take them down. 

Just now, Falcon Cara said:

Butter Face

That's literally the only thing you got out of this? I thought it raised some decent questions about whether the company overstepped by posting her pictures without her permission, and then refused at first to back down when asked to remove them.

4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

That's literally the only thing you got out of this? I thought it raised some decent questions about whether the company overstepped by posting her pictures without her permission, and then refused at first to back down when asked to remove them.

Yes they did. Very unprofessional 

5 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Yes they did. Very unprofessional 

More importantly, Nature Boy, what did you think of the underboobage? :innocent:

8 minutes ago, laylalex said:

More importantly, Nature Boy, what did you think of the underboobage? :innocent:

At my age I get more excited about the 3 pc special at KFC.

I dont think that picture means she cant be professional. Probably smart to scrub your SM if job hunting. 

The company should have quietly passed, if they felt that way not called her out 

16 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

At my age I get more excited about the 3 pc special at KFC.

I dont think that picture means she cant be professional. Probably smart to scrub your SM if job hunting. 

The company should have quietly passed, if they felt that way not called her out 

My favorite breasts come in a red and white box too

5 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

My favorite breasts come in a red and white box too

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that. Does it just rest on top of them? Is there a bow?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Best underboob picture I've seen on VJ. 

Thanks

I'll take some even better pics later this month in Key West @ Fantasy Fest

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that. Does it just rest on top of them? Is there a bow?

It's one of the Colonel's secrets, much like the original breading recipe.  A mere layperson such as yourself needs not know.

Just now, Neonred said:

Best underboob picture I've seen on VJ. 

Thanks

Glad to be of service! 

Just now, ALFKAD said:

It's one of the Colonel's secrets, much like the original breading recipe.  A mere layperson such as yourself needs not know.

I only ask because I know someone who might be interested.

15 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Sits in the box, with two wings, legs, thighs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, ALFKAD said:

Layperson?  I thought she was royalty?  As to the OP, the company was in the wrong here, and the UB was very nice.  Now that being said, I do have a question, is that swimsuit technically a bikini?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, laylalex said:

I scrolled down and saw the bikini pic with no head, I was thinking this is gonna be good, and figured she would be cute.

Sadly I scrolled up and saw her face, I didn't read the article

Edited by Falcon Cara

ChickBoy

12 hours ago, laylalex said:

They are ok but it seems like she is trying to hard to create the underboob (which I like btw) even though she is probably a B