kat10kat2

What is the average for time at the Embassy?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance's interview is at 10am later this month, we are trying to book his train ticket back home. What would be an estimated time he would be finished with the interview? Is a train at 1:30pm to early?

It really depends on your file. I went in at 9.40am for a 10am appointment. I didn't get out until 11.30am but my case was one of the more complex ones. Could be sooner, judging from the others around me.

2pm minimum should be ok. You have to think about the 10-15 min walk back to Vauxhall tube station and travel after.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yeah I was there for just shy of 3 hours, majority of that just waiting, I literally spent 10-15 mins at both windows, just depends how busy they are, staffing levels etc, some people breeze in and out in 20 to 30 mins, there's just no guarantee.

I was in the Embassy for about an hour. It was a 10am appointment (got there a bit early to get through security etc.) and I was out at about 11am as I didn't have long to wait between the document window and the interview window. I had a return train booked for about 4pm because I expected to be a few hours, so I had time for lunch and wander around the Carnaby street etc. after. Was nice to know I wasn't running against the clock because it was a late afternoon train.

However my appointment was in August and I've since read people having to sit in the embassy for 3-4 hours since then. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/5/2019 at 7:50 AM, yoda one for me said:

I was in the Embassy for about an hour. It was a 10am appointment (got there a bit early to get through security etc.) and I was out at about 11am as I didn't have long to wait between the document window and the interview window. I had a return train booked for about 4pm because I expected to be a few hours, so I had time for lunch and wander around the Carnaby street etc. after. Was nice to know I wasn't running against the clock because it was a late afternoon train.

However my appointment was in August and I've since read people having to sit in the embassy for 3-4 hours since then. 

Okay, thank you so much for the insight!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.