realmadrid23

Country/Region of Origin - DS 260

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys-  I am filling out DS 260- I am confused for the question-  Personal Information 2 - 

I am Dual Citizen of Canada and Pakistan. I was born in Pakistan. Now  For the first question -  Country/ Region of Origin ( Nationality ) what do I put in Pakistan or Canada?   In the help section next to it,  Enter the Information you will be using when Travelling to the US. 

I want to use my Canadian passport for travelling to the United States. 

So what do i fill in first question and the second question. If somebody in this situation can answer that. 

Timeline

I am Dual Citizen of Canada and Pakistan. I was born in Pakistan. I immigrated to Canada. Now  For the first question -  Country/ Region of Origin ( Nationality ) what do I put in Pakistan or Canada?   

I want to use my Canadian passport for travelling to the United States.  I have passports from Pakistan as well. 

So what do i fill in first question and the second question. If somebody in this situation can answer that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

is that in DS-160 form? if it is, put in Canada since that's where you live now. there will be another question which will ask you if you have another citizenship/passport from another country and that's where you will place Pakistan.

if it's not in the DS-160 form, i'll still put in Canada as country of origin because this is where you live now.

hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Duplicate threads merged~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 10/4/2019 at 6:52 PM, realmadrid23 said:

Hi Guys-  I am filling out DS 260- I am confused for the question-  Personal Information 2 - 

I am Dual Citizen of Canada and Pakistan. I was born in Pakistan. Now  For the first question -  Country/ Region of Origin ( Nationality ) what do I put in Pakistan or Canada?   In the help section next to it,  Enter the Information you will be using when Travelling to the US. 

I want to use my Canadian passport for travelling to the United States. 

Put the citizenship you want to travel with so Canada. 

Had similar issue - born in Croatia / living in France and having dual citizenship I have put French one. 

And for information - they won't be asking you specifically for both birth certificates in uploading section - so I uploaded croatian one in additional documents and after the review they moved it to "required documents section". So be prepared to have both birth certificates :)

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Devon&Sandra said:

Put the citizenship you want to travel with so Canada. 

Had similar issue - born in Croatia / living in France and having dual citizenship I have put French one. 

And for information - they won't be asking you specifically for both birth certificates in uploading section - so I uploaded croatian one in additional documents and after the review they moved it to "required documents section". So be prepared to have both birth certificates :)

Thankyou so much for your help. I only have one birth certificate. They didnt ask for two birth certificate, they only asked me for one birth certificate that is from Pakistan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, realmadrid23 said:

Thankyou so much for your help. I only have one birth certificate. They didnt ask for two birth certificate, they only asked me for one birth certificate that is from Pakistan

I don't know how it works with Canada but I know when you get the citizenship in France they give you your naturalization papers and French birth certificate - this is what you use to have passport etc. 

I just suppose you will have to show some proof of canadian citizenship  

February 13 2015: Started dating (met in New Orleans)

February 13 2018: Married in New Orleans

March 29 2019: PD for 1-130 (Spouse) - Nebraska Service Center

May 20 2019 : PD for 129F (K3 spouse visa)

June 21 2019 : I129F denial

June 22 2019 : I130 APPROVAL (only 85 days after submission) 😀 

July 17 2019 : sent to NVC by NSC

September 03 2019 : received case number (72 days after approval - it was a long 10 weeks waiting time  😶)

September 06 2019 : payed fees 

September 11 2019 : uploaded documents (Financial & civil) + submit DS-260

October 17 2019 : documents reviewed by NVC - one document missing / others approved (first review after 35 days / 5 weeks)

October 21 2019 : missing document submitted (police certificate from another country I lived in - this country is requiring 2 different police certificates and I only had one...stupid mistake)

November 22 2019 Documentary Qualified email :D 

December 10 2019 Medical done 

December 16 2019 Interview Letter

January 22 2020 Interview - APPROVED 😍

January 28 2020 Visa on hand 

February 25th 2020 Travel day

Timeline
Just now, Devon&Sandra said:

I don't know how it works with Canada but I know when you get the citizenship in France they give you your naturalization papers and French birth certificate - this is what you use to have passport etc. 

I just suppose you will have to show some proof of canadian citizenship  

Yes that i have that. Yes in canada they dont give birth certificate, they just give a certificate. Thanks a lot btw.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.