laylalex

Toronto Van Attacker Wanted ‘Beta Uprising’ to Inspire Other Attacks

47 posts in this topic

“I felt angry that they would [go for the other men]... because I consider myself a supreme gentleman,” Minassian said. “I was angry that they would give their love and affection to obnoxious brutes.” In another section of the transcript, Minassian states that he doesn’t understand why women don’t like men like him, men who are “very nice and acting gentlemanly.”

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/xwev94/toronto-van-attacker-alek-minassian-wanted-beta-uprising-to-inspire-other-attacks

Acting gentlemanly doesn't mean you're actually a gentleman. No man is owed a woman's attention. This incel madness and the MGTOW and the "manosphere" in general drives me insane. It casts women as objects to be acquired, as passive agents only useful for sexual purposes and to make their male partners feel better about their perceived inadequacies. And I worry most about boys who read this BS on the internet and who have been turned down by girls, and then get sucked into this insanity. 

Do you think this POS represents "everage joe", that this behavior is the norm, that he is anything but a self-loathing psychopath? I see people like this as what they are, outliers, to think anything else about them gives them and their ilk credence 

1 minute ago, Randyandyuni said:

Do you think this POS represents "everage joe", that this behavior is the norm, that he is anything but a self-loathing psychopath? I see people like this as what they are, outliers, to think anything else about them gives them and their ilk credence 

Oh gosh NO! I never wanted to give that impression. But I do think it's important to talk about why young men and boys (since those are the bulk of these incels) are turning to this philosophy. I mean, not all of them necessarily act on the junk they read online in this vein but why are they reading it in the first place?

16 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Oh gosh NO! I never wanted to give that impression. But I do think it's important to talk about why young men and boys (since those are the bulk of these incels) are turning to this philosophy. I mean, not all of them necessarily act on the junk they read online in this vein but why are they reading it in the first place?

TBH I think these are the guys that are overall social awkward in general possible spend a lot of time done in the basement. 

what wimmens say they want and what they actually like are 2 different things. I have said that many times 

51 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

TBH I think these are the guys that are overall social awkward in general possible spend a lot of time done in the basement. 

You and I are the same age, I recall, and I think we just about escaped the "everything online" thing while we were in high school. (Class of 2003 here.) I can think of a number of my classmates who might have gotten sucked into this whole perverted mindset if it had been as easy to access back then. The internet is an amazing tool, but it can connect people and amplify their voices in ways that are harmful. I had a high school boyfriend who had some VERY backward ideas about what women/girls should and should not be like, and I often think of him when I see stuff about the "manosphere." His problem wasn't so much with getting girls to date him (he was a decent looking guy and very smart) but feminism didn't sit well with him. I say "feminism" but what I really mean is he wanted his girlfriend to be submissive to his needs/desires. He would have slotted in very well with some of these guys, and the power of his personality was such that he probably would have been able to make some vulnerable and alienated guys believe the junk he subscribed to. He managed to convince some poor woman to marry him (I admit to checking up on him occasionally out of curiosity) and I always wonder if he finally worked that garbage out of his system.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
39 minutes ago, laylalex said:

You and I are the same age, I recall, and I think we just about escaped the "everything online" thing while we were in high school. (Class of 2003 here.) I can think of a number of my classmates who might have gotten sucked into this whole perverted mindset if it had been as easy to access back then. The internet is an amazing tool, but it can connect people and amplify their voices in ways that are harmful. I had a high school boyfriend who had some VERY backward ideas about what women/girls should and should not be like, and I often think of him when I see stuff about the "manosphere." His problem wasn't so much with getting girls to date him (he was a decent looking guy and very smart) but feminism didn't sit well with him. I say "feminism" but what I really mean is he wanted his girlfriend to be submissive to his needs/desires. He would have slotted in very well with some of these guys, and the power of his personality was such that he probably would have been able to make some vulnerable and alienated guys believe the junk he subscribed to. He managed to convince some poor woman to marry him (I admit to checking up on him occasionally out of curiosity) and I always wonder if he finally worked that garbage out of his system.

Did he want a '50s housewife to spoil him?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

Yeah we were right on the cusp there of things turning digital for everything. I didn't get my first phone until my senior year of HS (2002 in the house). But I can think of a couple guys that would fit this narrative to a tee. But at least back then some betas would drop their standards and find girls that are not as attractive. Now they are just unattractive and dreaming that the world is against them. Then they are going online to that echo chamber where the rhetoric is ratcheted up by 10 then it leads to stuff like this.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

46 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Did he want a '50s housewife to spoil him?

I think a 50s housewife would have had too many opinions. He was very interested in what I had to say until he "locked me down" and I had lost track of who I was as an individual without him. I was 16 and he was a year older, Ivy League-bound, etc. and I put all my trust in his opinions because he was older and (I thought) smarter, and he seemed to know so very much about the world. So I paid attention to what he had to say about how I should dress, wear my hair, who I could hang out with, what I should be listening to, what I should be reading (especially this, since he was (and remains) a writer), and on and on. I knew at the time that this was probably wrong and unhealthy, but he was also exposing me to so much culture that I wouldn't have otherwise. He made me feel petted upon, like I was some very delicate creature that needed to be protected from every sin of the world. I hid all the worst of it away from everyone -- my parents and friends just saw two lit mag dorks who were extremely into each other. We made a good couple, everyone said, and my parents trusted him: good grades, charming and magnetic personality, got into Yale through Early Action. Who wouldn't trust this boy? 

But I was suffocated and unhappy. I didn't know how to escape without exposing him, and I was concerned about how it would affect his future. (I didn't care too much about my own, apparently.) The last straw came when he physically removed me from where I was hanging out with a male friend. I hadn't told him where I was going to be that afternoon (a big no-no) but he found out and tracked me down. He just threw me over his shoulder and left with me. It looked "cute" but it wasn't at all, especially the terrorization that followed: how I was cheating on him, how it made him look, that guys only want one thing so what was I doing hanging out with someone who wasn't him. My older sister helped me get out about a month later, and even though she is frequently a terrible human being, I am forever grateful to her. She has kept my secret for years from our parents. I think they would be mortified, even now.

I won't get into the details of the exact mental degradation I went through because it makes me look like even more of an idiot than I know I am. My only defense was my youth, and the fact that he was the very first boy I'd kissed, dated, and had sex with. He's had some success as a writer as an adult and I won't name names, but it bothers me -- I wonder if I had been less impressionable would I have abandoned writing back then in the aftermath. I made so many foolish choices in my own love life later on that I link to the pattern he drew on me, where menace and lust were entwined. I never told my ex-husband, though I should have. I know I brought some of the scars with me into our marriage. I only recently told my fiance, but I haven't been able to bring myself to give him the name, for fear he might decide to start lobbing virtual grenades via Twitter. I'm a #metoo, but I don't want to make it public. Posting this here is cathartic, but I get the benefit of some anonymity. I don't know what it would do to expose this man now -- for all I know, he grew up and stopped being a monster. He's not even that well known unless you read minor literary reviews or like picking over the dollar table at a used bookstore! :D 

Sorry this all went a little sideways and weird and confessional. I'm on my lunch break now (I forgot about lunch until 2:30) and got in front of a computer instead of being on my phone while I stand around and look pretty (that's for you, @Boris Farage), which makes excessive typing possible. Once I started writing, it started pouring out, so I ask your indulgence. 

9 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I'm going to have to agree with you, though I do agree with @lady3jane's earlier post, which I think had a lot of merit. If anything, posting in here has done SO much for making my skin a little tougher -- I think (though I'm not keeping track) that I haven't flounced off in quite a while.

Not to say that my skin is tough -- that sweet, sweet alimony lifestyle allows me to swim in vats of Creme de la Mer. :D 

Now that you mention it can I get a small bit of that alimony check? 😉 I need to swim in those vats as well.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Now that you mention it can I get a small bit of that alimony check? 😉

Well, maybe! He's said if I can get Alex to move out and he'll increase my monthly stipend. :rolleyes: You could have the excess.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Now that you mention it can I get a small bit of that alimony check? 😉 I need to swim in those vats as well.

I want some of that as well since the Netflix is now unavailable.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I'm going to have to agree with you, though I do agree with @lady3jane's earlier post, which I think had a lot of merit. If anything, posting in here has done SO much for making my skin a little tougher -- I think (though I'm not keeping track) that I haven't flounced off in quite a while.

Not to say that my skin is tough -- that sweet, sweet alimony lifestyle allows me to swim in vats of Creme de la Mer. :D 

Stick around kiddo, we'll turn you into one of them there desirable wimminz yet!!

16 minutes ago, laylalex said:

thank you Bruh !

25 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why are you reporting @Nature Boy 2.0? He didn't say anything wrong at all. You do know by CEHST standards what he said is relatively mild. Also this subforum is a place to discuss current events and hot social topics. So things can get a bit heated in here. 

Also where did the whole bruh thing come from?

Thank you Bruh 

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

I want some of that as well since the Netflix is now unavailable.

It IS very sad!!!! He called me earlier this week (ridiculousness abounds with him -- he was at a spa and he was calling me from the massage table, apparently) to ask my opinion about whether he could even discuss his new relationship with Alex (his new girlfriend is Alex's sister because... there are apparently no other available women in the universe). I took the opportunity to ask him if I could get Netflix privileges restored and he said he didn't know what I was speaking of. 

4 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Stick around kiddo, we'll turn you into one of them there desirable wimminz yet!!

I don't seem to have problems attracting men -- but I can't say all of the ones I do are necessarily desirable themselves. I have something of a wretched track record, by my own admission.