Falcon Cara

American Airline and Japan Airline flying to and fro Narita

42 posts in this topic

I've never done that airport switch.  I have flown by Southwest to LA and switched to an Asian carrier there.  Some hassles involved, but it seemed to solve the problem of living in south Texas and wanting an Asian carrier.  I'm a "never again" Delta non-fan.  

Finally done.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Delta now flies MSP-INC,  with a quick connection to MNL or CEB.  

I can usually get to SFO pretty cheap when I lump it in with the leg to Manila. Last time I flew it was $978 round trip MSP to MNL with stop in SFO, United and PAL. Become a Mabuhay member and always check-in online when flying PAL. You get to skip the line when checking your bags.  We all know those PAL bag check lines. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Fogi said:

I can usually get to SFO pretty cheap when I lump it in with the leg to Manila. Last time I flew it was $978 round trip MSP to MNL with stop in SFO, United and PAL. Become a Mabuhay member and always check-in online when flying PAL. You get to skip the line when checking your bags.  We all know those PAL bag check lines. 

I  assume you are from Minnesota.   Where about?  We are on the east side of St Paul 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I  assume you are from Minnesota.   Where about?  We are on the east side of St Paul 

Eastern NoDak. 3.5 hour drive, so I fly from there. Flying out of the small airport nearby adds 200-300 bucks to the ticket, driving only adds 2.5 hours to the trip. $100 an hour is worth the savings in my instance. 

I am familiar with the Twin Cities. The only thing I remember about East Saint Paul is the KOD 😉

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fogi said:

Eastern NoDak. 3.5 hour drive, so I fly from there. Flying out of the small airport nearby adds 200-300 bucks to the ticket, driving only adds 2.5 hours to the trip. $100 an hour is worth the savings in my instance. 

I am familiar with the Twin Cities. The only thing I remember about East Saint Paul is the KOD 😉

KOD is actually south, we east siders don't take any credit for that.  

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

KOD is actually south, we east siders don't take any credit for that.  

My alma mater is a big time hockey school, so I've spent a lot of time in St. Paul at the X watching college hockey. Every St Patty's weekend for years. Always a good time. I'm not really familiar with the KOD, other than I know what it is. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fogi said:

My alma mater is a big time hockey school, so I've spent a lot of time in St. Paul at the X watching college hockey. Every St Patty's weekend for years. Always a good time. I'm not really familiar with the KOD, other than I know what it is. 

At least you didn't say you were familiar with the Payne Reliever, that would date you. 

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

At least you didn't say you were familiar with the Payne Reliever, that would date you. 

Had to google that. I'm still on the sunny side of 40. 

I haven't seen any others from ND in here. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fogi said:

Had to google that. I'm still on the sunny side of 40. 

I haven't seen any others from ND in here. 

Few and far between.   I think the cold climate has something to do with it.   My wife is complaining about 50 degrees,  and I keep reminding her, just wait....

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Few and far between.   I think the cold climate has something to do with it.   My wife is complaining about 50 degrees,  and I keep reminding her, just wait....

We got down to 38 last night, 36 is forecast for tonight. Next week is supposed to be our first day below 30. My fiance is in for a shock. She puts on a jacket if it's below 75. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fogi said:

We got down to 38 last night, 36 is forecast for tonight. Next week is supposed to be our first day below 30. My fiance is in for a shock. She puts on a jacket if it's below 75. 

We've all experienced this phenomenon 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

We've all experienced this phenomenon 

I am from the 2nd coldest city in the US, and currently live in the 4th coldest city in the US. it preserves me. That's what I keep telling myself. Fiance and I have been living in Manila for most of the past 5 years. If I can make it 5 years there, she can make it here. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fogi said:

I am from the 2nd coldest city in the US, and currently live in the 4th coldest city in the US. it preserves me. That's what I keep telling myself. Fiance and I have been living in Manila for most of the past 5 years. If I can make it 5 years there, she can make it here. 

My brother was based in Minot,  he had a hat that said " -60 degrees,  keeps the riff raff out"

YMMV

Timeline
10 minutes ago, payxibka said:

My brother was based in Minot,  he had a hat that said " -60 degrees,  keeps the riff raff out"

It doesn't anymore, though it keeps the riff faff indoors. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.