52 posts in this topic

I just had my interview and I have all the documents presented based on the email instruction but then the consular asked me about my fiance's Pay Stub which I couldn't provide (because I have no idea if it's also one of the required documents). And the consular gave me a white paper which stated "Request for further information, Immigrant Visa" and told me to send them the requested document as soon as possible to their email. I asked if my visa got approved or not because the paper said that it got refused due to incomplete information and they said that they gonna wait until I send them the additional information before they can decide. They haven't return my passport yet and it makes me even more confuse. Can someone explain?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The fact they held on to your passport is a good thing. Read the sheet you got clearly and give them the documents that they are asking for. They are asking for a specific document, what is the confusion?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

sounds like you need to get those pay stubs to them as quickly as possible. since they kept your passport i imagine they might think it could be a quick fix and you could still get approved in a short time

1 minute ago, designguy said:

The fact they held on to your passport is a good thing. Read the sheet you got clearly and give them the documents that they are asking for. They are asking for a specific document, what is the confusion?

Just need some affirmation because I thought I got denied already. But thanks for clarifying it

2 minutes ago, MelOe said:

sounds like you need to get those pay stubs to them as quickly as possible. since they kept your passport i imagine they might think it could be a quick fix and you could still get approved in a short time

I hope for the best but still prepare for the worst though

1 hour ago, Vivian08 said:

Just need some affirmation because I thought I got denied already

Just a little clarification on what happened. You actually were denied. That's how visa works, you are either denied or approved, once you appear to make the application for a visa. The denial can be overcome by fixing whatever caused it. In this case, they want those paystubs. As mentioned, the fact that they keep your passport usually means that they think this can easily be overcome when you give them whatever missing that they're asking for, and other than that, your case is approvable. 

1 minute ago, USS_Voyager said:

Just a little clarification on what happened. You actually were denied. That's how visa works, you are either denied or approved, once you appear to make the application for a visa. The denial can be overcome by fixing whatever caused it. In this case, they want those paystubs. As mentioned, the fact that they keep your passport usually means that they think this can easily be overcome when you give them whatever missing that they're asking for, and other than that, your case is approvable. 

I see, that's why I need second opinion just to make sure, because the consular didn't answer with a yes or no to my question whether I got approved or not. But clearly the paper said it's refused until I can provide the information that missing, then they could do a revised to my application

4 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

I think you should also provide the W2 that was suppose to be included with the tax returns 

I got my documents in order based to the instruction from the email, including provide them with the W2, Tax Return, and Job offer letter but I really have no idea that they gonna ask about the paystub. That's why they gave me the 221g form of requesting for further information because I couldn't provide that during the interview

A refusal is NOT a denial. I know this is a stressful process but you have to relax. All they are doing is asking you to provide the documents needed to make a decision. If it was a straight denial, then it would be something to worry about. A refusal simply means that a decision can't be made because something is missing or further investigation is needed.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

A refusal is NOT a denial. I know this is a stressful process but you have to relax. All they are doing is asking you to provide the documents needed to make a decision. If it was a straight denial, then it would be something to worry about. A refusal simply means that a decision can't be made because something is missing or further investigation is needed.

Thank you for your answer. It is indeed stressful because I thought that I already prepare everything accordingly. Guess it's right that I'lI just need to relax and follow up their request as soon as possible and wait for the embassy for the next step.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Vivian08 said:

I got my documents in order based to the instruction from the email, including provide them with the W2, Tax Return, and Job offer letter but I really have no idea that they gonna ask about the paystub. That's why they gave me the 221g form of requesting for further information because I couldn't provide that during the interview

K1 does not allow the alien to work until all the applications after the marriage in the US are approved and  you get the work authorization so the offer of a job was not needed 

24 minutes ago, Vivian08 said:

Why wouldn't a pay stub be requested? How else would they know what your current income is? Tax returns only show your past income.

(COs in some don't actually request a paystub for the I-134, but as a general rule one should have paystubs anyway).

Provide the requested documents and you'll be fine.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.