dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick question about previous addresses. I just saw in a guide on here that we should have the addresses starting from our 16th birthday and not from the date we moved to that address. I put the date that I moved to that address (haven't submitted yet so I can still update it). The DS-260 says "since turning sixteen" but doesn't specify which date to use as the move in date. What did everyone else do?

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, DGF said:

Quick question about previous addresses. I just saw in a guide on here that we should have the addresses starting from our 16th birthday and not from the date we moved to that address. I put the date that I moved to that address (haven't submitted yet so I can still update it). The DS-260 says "since turning sixteen" but doesn't specify which date to use as the move in date. What did everyone else do?

when i first moved there

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

i am filling the ds 260, and on the social media part i get this every time. did anyone have this problem?

Please correct all areas in error as indicated below. Once you have finished, click ‘Save’ or ‘Next’ to continue completing your online application form.

• Social Media Provider/Platform has not been completed.

If i choose ''No'' in '' do you wish to share ...'' it says that message i put before, and if i choose ''yes'' and complete social media questions that message still shows. so i cant save or move to the next page :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, DGF said:

i put the date when i moved there too

Timeline

on the social media part of the ds 260, i only see this:  

Other Social Media

Do you wish to provide information about your presence on any other websites or applications you have used within the last five years to create or share content (photos, videos, status updates, etc.)?

i am wondering if that's correct? because i read on here that you should see a drop down menu, and i don't see that anywhere, and since it says ''other social media'' it makes me think there is something missing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:30 AM, Duke & Marie said:

I honestly don’t see the problem with expecting everyone to get health care cover... it’s a no brainer and highly irresponsible not to have it.. 

I don’t see how it makes immigration harder... immigration is expensive, if you can afford it (application - travel) you should be able to afford health care cover until covered by an employer, spouse etc..

If you have a significant accident, do you have 10-100k spare to cover medical bills? 

I think the biggest issue here that I see is not about the ability to have 10-100k available, but if you have existing insurance but you are unable to add your spouse to your insurance in those 30 days. 

For example, most insurances require you to enroll during open enrollment or within 90 days of a qualifying life event.  Due to the lengthy immigration process, you can miss both opportunities.  I can only speak for myself, but I am sure that others are probably going to face similar issues no matter how hard you try to align your funds and plan accordingly.  Most insurance companies will not take your spouses information until they have a SSN and perhaps more documentation for that. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Kingston

Marriage: 2019/02/14

I-130 sent: 2019/02/28

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/01

I-130 Approval: 2019/08/21

NVC Processing

Case sent to NVC: 2019/09/11

Case receive NVC: 2019/09/18

Case # receive NVC: 2019/10/01

Pay AOS/IV Fees: 2019/10/01

Send AOS/IV Documents: 2019/10/05

38 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

I think the biggest issue here that I see is not about the ability to have 10-100k available, but if you have existing insurance but you are unable to add your spouse to your insurance in those 30 days. 

For example, most insurances require you to enroll during open enrollment or within 90 days of a qualifying life event.  Due to the lengthy immigration process, you can miss both opportunities.  I can only speak for myself, but I am sure that others are probably going to face similar issues no matter how hard you try to align your funds and plan accordingly.  Most insurance companies will not take your spouses information until they have a SSN and perhaps more documentation for that. 

You can get travel medical insurance, which doesn't require that information. As long as its duration is for 1 year. That's what I plan on doing.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Dustin725 said:

You can get travel medical insurance, which doesn't require that information. As long as its duration is for 1 year. That's what I plan on doing.

Have you found the that having that insurance is cost effective?  I just would hate to spend money on an insurance plan that is not comparable to my existing medical coverage.  This is definitely something that has not been properly thought out.  Not to leave out that if this is going to be a requirement Health Insurance Companies need to start looking at Outside Normal Enrollment Schedules for immigrants. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

41 minutes ago, SNJOHNSON said:

Have you found the that having that insurance is cost effective?  I just would hate to spend money on an insurance plan that is not comparable to my existing medical coverage.  This is definitely something that has not been properly thought out.  Not to leave out that if this is going to be a requirement Health Insurance Companies need to start looking at Outside Normal Enrollment Schedules for immigrants. 

Yeah it's not fair in the slightest, but that's what happens when you make something political and then people like us get punished for it. I hope we get some more clarity soon, because as of now it's very vague. If your worried about time be prepared to waste money to make the process quicker. This would be way more doable of they would of given maybe a year's notice and not just a few months. 

Timeline
Just now, Dustin725 said:

Yeah it's not fair in the slightest, but that's what happens when you make something political and then people like us get punished for it. I hope we get some more clarity soon, because as of now it's very vague. If your worried about time be prepared to waste money to make the process quicker. This would be way more doable of they would of given maybe a year's notice and not just a few months. 

I think this would have been more understandable across the board if they would have had a phase in process so that we could have prepared.  As for myself I would have definitely handled things differently if I would have known it was going to come to this decision.  Decisions like this are made all the time that do not effect the decision makers and everyone else has to suffer.  I wish there was a better way for this but you know how this goes. Vague is an understatement, ever since I began this process, I have realized that everything about it is vague.  So many people waste money on lawyers due to the fact that the process is so vague and the money they spend could have actually went towards actual fees.  There has to be a better way.   

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

USCIS Processing

NVC Processing

Timeline

I just got off the phone after waiting 55 mins. NVC said that they received my petition on 10/17 and said that they are currently working on cases received 9/23...

However, he said that information is sometimes uploaded fairly quickly and told me I can call back later this week. 😁

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.