Jump to content

Error on I-797C regarding receipt of I-129F form

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I received the NOA1 today in the mail and discovered my fiancée's country of birth is incorrect and contradicts what I wrote on the application.


I have already sent in a typographical error form on the USCIS website and was informed I should expect a response by Oct. 22. 


Will this suffice?


I also recently called the number on the I-797C form and was told to send a letter with attached supporting documents to the address on the form. 


They sent this letter a week ago and since I'm in the UK, sending a letter will take another week, further delaying and presenting potential issues. 


Is a letter really necessary? I don't have supporting documents except for my fiancée's passport that states where she was born. I didn't make copies of the I-129F.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...