Paul&Anna

Children involved (split)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have not been able to find any answers to this..... my future fiancé has a 6 year old and a 9 year old. I will be applying for them. I do plan on meeting them. She is trying to figure out the best way to tell them about us and we are not sure how they will take to this at first. So the interview in a year may not go well. But do they take into acct that these are small children and that they will have a better life here and that they do not know what is best for them?

4 hours ago, Paul&Anna said:

I have not been able to find any answers to this..... my future fiancé has a 6 year old and a 9 year old. I will be applying for them. I do plan on meeting them. She is trying to figure out the best way to tell them about us and we are not sure how they will take to this at first. So the interview in a year may not go well. But do they take into acct that these are small children and that they will have a better life here and that they do not know what is best for them?

OK. What you are doing is looking at this the wrong way. You say they will have a better life? How do you know this? What if they come live with you and suffer depression, anxiety, etc? You are saying they will have a better life because you are looking at it from your perspective. You are not looking at it from the kids perspective because you don't even know them.

To them, better school or better job opportunities are important to them. So what is a better life for them? Their mother?  They friends in the neighborhood? Their favorite food from their country? 

Don't make the mistake of saying they don't know what's best for them when you don't even know them.

Also, what is the situation of their bio father. That may be another hurdle you have to face. If the bio father has any say then they would not be able to immigrate without his authorization. Your fiance's relationship with the kid's father may be over, but if he has a relationship with the kids, immigration definitely takes that into consideration. There are a few couples on here who could not immigrate the beneficiary's kids because of this.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post and related reply split off from an unrelated thread. Please start your own thread for question you may have for your case.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up, next time I won’t post related info in a thread that I also have a question about. Would have been better if I explained better by starting my own thread. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Unlockable said:

OK. What you are doing is looking at this the wrong way. You say they will have a better life? How do you know this? What if they come live with you and suffer depression, anxiety, etc? You are saying they will have a better life because you are looking at it from your perspective. You are not looking at it from the kids perspective because you don't even know them.

To them, better school or better job opportunities are important to them. So what is a better life for them? Their mother?  They friends in the neighborhood? Their favorite food from their country? 

Don't make the mistake of saying they don't know what's best for them when you don't even know them.

Also, what is the situation of their bio father. That may be another hurdle you have to face. If the bio father has any say then they would not be able to immigrate without his authorization. Your fiance's relationship with the kid's father may be over, but if he has a relationship with the kids, immigration definitely takes that into consideration. There are a few couples on here who could not immigrate the beneficiary's kids because of this.

Would have been better if I started a new thread. I do communicate with them through video chat and will be meeting them in December and then numerous more times throughout the process. Also their father has expressed that he would like them to come here as he is the one who mentioned they would have a better life, not myself. And their mother agrees. Also the kids have been coming here for four summers now and have friends and family here. So it wasn’t my words but all of theirs. But again I wasn’t trying to write a story and hijack someone’s thread. But I do assume one thing I said. That they would be scared to actually be faced with the reality of moving permanently. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.